|— Alpine skier —|
|Disciplines||Giant slalom, Super-G,|
|Club||Israel Ski club|
|Born||3 March 1998|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Teams||1 (2018 Winter Olympics)|
|Teams||1 – (2015)|
Itamar Biran (Hebrew: איתמר בירן; born 3 March 1998) is an Israeli Olympic alpine ski racer who represents Israel in international competitions. He competes in giant slalom, Super-G, slalom and Combined.
When Biran was six years old, his family moved to Verbier, Switzerland. They then moved to Israel, and subsequently he attended University College School in London in the United Kingdom. He now lives and trains in Les Houches, France, and in Switzerland. He has made applications to Bocconi University in Milan, Italy, and to Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, the United States.
He said "I started skiing like all Israelis do: At Club Meds in Europe." Biran started to ski at age three, and to compete at age 12. His ski club is the Israel Ski Club, and his coach is Didier Schmidt.
Biran competed on behalf of Israel at the 2016 Winter Youth Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway, and came in 23rd in the Alpine Combined, and 38th in the Super G. In January 2017 he won the Italian National Junior Slalom Race, in Valtournenche. In February 2017 he came in second in the Bosnia and Herzegovina National Championships in slalom, and third in the Bosnia and Herzegovina Junior National Championships in slalom. In March 2017, he came in second in the CIT Giant Slalom in Villard de Lans, France. In November 2017 he won the CIT Slalom in Val Thorens, France.
Biran competed at the 2015 World Championships in Beaver Creek, USA, and qualified for the final race in the giant slalom in which he finished 62nd. He also competed in the Men's Slalom final, but did not finish the first run. He was the only male Israeli athlete and the youngest participant at these championships.
- "Itamar Biran". Alpine Skiing. Eurosport. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Athlete : BIRAN Itamar". fis-ski.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Biran Itamar, Last results". fis-ski.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Alpine Skiing | Athlete Profile: Itamar BIRAN - Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games
- "2018 Winter Olympics," Jewish Sports Review, March/April 2018, Vol. 11, No. 6, Issue 126, page 2.
- Attain News | Attain Magazine | Former UCS Pupil Bids For Gold In Winter Olympics
- BIRAN Itamar - Biographie
- "Men's Giant Slalom Official Results" (PDF). Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- Laconte, John (12 February 2015). "Giant slalom qualifiers a meeting of nations". vaildaily.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Das sind die Riesenslalom-Exoten". www.20min.ch (in German). 13 February 2015. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Learning to ski where the snow doesn't fall (much)". From the Grapevine. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- Wyrick, Randy (12 February 2015). "Israeli skiers receive warm welcome in valley". vaildaily.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Dos israelíes participan en los Juegos Olímpicos de Invierno de la Juventud "Lillehammer 2016"". IG News (in Spanish). 16 February 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- BIRAN Itamar | Athletes | CBC Olympics | PyeongChang 2018
- BIRAN Itamar | Pyeongchang 2018 Olympics