Smith in 2017
|No. 25 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Born:||September 11, 1995|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||McGill–Toolen Catholic|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 4 / Pick: 126|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Romarius "Ito" Smith (born September 11, 1995) is an American football running back for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, and was drafted by the Falcons in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Smith attended and played high school football at McGill–Toolen Catholic High School. As a result of his high school career playing for the Yellow Jackets, he was named as a three-star prospect by 247Sports and a two-star prospect according to Rivals.com and Scout.com.
As a sophomore in 2015, he rushed for 1,128 yards and 10 touchdowns and caught 49 passes for 515 yards. His average of 134 yards of total offense per game in 2015 ranked 18th among Division I FBS players.
During his college career, he rushed for 4,538 yards and 42 rushing touchdowns.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|5 ft 8 5⁄8 in
|4.45 s||1.57 s||2.58 s||4.56 s||7.22 s||36 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 11 in
|All values from NFL Draft|
2018 season: Rookie year
Smith was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth round (126th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. He was named the third running back on the depth chart behind Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman to start the season. Smith made his NFL debut in the Falcons' Week 2 victory over the Carolina Panthers. He had nine carries for 46 rushing yards and an eight-yard reception in the 31–24 victory. In Week 4, against the Cincinnati Bengals, Smith scored his first NFL touchdown, a 7-yard rush in the first quarter. In Week 5, a 41–17 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, he scored his second rushing touchdown of the season. In Week 6, against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he recorded his third rushing touchdown, and become the first rookie in franchise history to score three rushing touchdowns in three consecutive games. In Week 8 against the Washington Redskins, he scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the season as part of a 60-yard performance in the victory. On December 17, 2018, Smith was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. He finished the season with 315 rushing yards and four touchdowns along with 27 receptions for 152 yards.
Smith entered the 2019 season as the No. 2 running back behind Devonta Freeman after Tevin Coleman left in free agency. He played in seven games before suffering a concussion in Week 7. He was placed on injured reserve on November 9, 2019. Smith finished the 2019 season with 22 carries for 106 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown to go along with 11 receptions for 87 receiving yards.
- "Alabama High School Football History". AHSFHS. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- "Ito Smith College Bio". Southern Miss. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- "Ito Smith Statistics". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- Munz, Jason (July 19, 2016). "Most important Golden Eagles: No. 2 Ito Smith". The Clarion-Ledger.
- "Nick Mullens, Ito Smith Named to Maxwell Award Watch List". Southern Miss Football. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- Hinton, Alan (September 10, 2016). "Ito Smith eclipses Reggie Collier in Southern Miss record book". Sun Herald.
- Inabinett, Mark. "McGill-Toolen's Ito Smith reaches goal by returning to play in Senior Bowl". AL.com. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Prospect Profile - Ito Smith". nfl.com. March 1, 2018. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- "Southern Mississippi RB Ito Smith : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- "Falcons Select Ito Smith in Fourth Round". AtlantaFalcons.com. April 28, 2018. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- "Falcons' Ito Smith: Solid outing in regular-season debut". CBSSports.com. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Inabinett, Mark. "Watch Ito Smith score his first NFL touchdown for the Atlanta Falcons". AL.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Ito Smith slips past Bengals defenders for 7-yard TD". Atlanta Falcons. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- Urben, Matt (October 14, 2018). "Falcons Highlights: Rookie RB Ito Smith scores TD in third straight game". USA Today. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "Falcons finally get back in the running with Tevin Coleman, Ito Smith". ESPN.com. November 5, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- McFadden, Will (December 17, 2018). "Falcons announce Ito Smith heading to IR". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- McFadden, Will (November 9, 2019). "Falcons place Ito Smith on IR, sign Sean Harlow to active roster". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- "Ito Smith 2019 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved January 23, 2020.
- "Why Falcons rookie Ito Smith was nicknamed after famous judge". USA Today. July 5, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.