Iwaizumi Station, September 2007
|Location||Nakano, Iwaizumi, Iwate|
|Operated by||JR East|
The station had a single side platform serving traffic in both directions, connected to a two-story station building. The platform was designed as an island platform as there were plans to connect the station to the Kira Rias Line, but no track was laid on one side of the platform.
Iwaizumi Station opened on 6 February 1972. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987. Operations on the Iwaizumi Line were suspended from July 2010, and the line was officially closed on 1 April 2014.
In fiscal 2010, the station was used by an average of 14 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Iwaizumi Town Hall
- Iwaizumi Post Office
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 502. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- JTB Timetable (April 2014) p.623
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 April 2014.