|Hours||Open 24 Hours|
The type of crossing is automobile, status - international. The types of transportation for automobile crossings are passenger and freight. The railway border crossing is accessed through the Izvaryne railway station.
The port of entry is part of the Izvaryne customs post of Luhansk Oblast customs.
The railway crossing for cargo trains is open 24 hours.
War in Donbass region
The border post became part of protracted struggle between the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine and pro-Russian Donbass insurgents affiliated with the Lugansk People's Republic during the rising unrest in Ukraine in the aftermath of the 2014 Ukrainian revolution.
Multiple attacks by the insurgents upon the post were repelled. Despite this, the Border Guard was overwhelmed by insurgents on 20 June 2014, and was forced to retreat into Russian territory, where many guardsmen were captured, and later returned to Ukraine. On 23 June 2014, the Ukraine government temporarily closed the Izvaryne checkpoint to travel into or from Donets, Russia. An LPR official said on 25 June that they had gained complete control of the border post. It was reported in July that the post was used by the insurgents as vital link to supplies and reinforcements from Russia. According to the Russian Federal Security Service forty-one Ukrainian soldiers defected to Russia at Izvaryne on 27 July. Ukrainian Defence Minister Valeriy Heletey confirmed that 41 Ukrainian soldiers had crossed into Russia and that this case was investigated.
On September 10, 2014, the Border Guard Service of Ukraine reported that from the Russian side the checkpoint was crossed by 12 tanks, 48 BTRs, 1 BRDM, 20 vehicles "Ural" full of ammunition, 8 vehicles "Ural" with troops, 4 vehicles of anti-air defense, and 5 fuelers all of them were heading towards Krasnodon. In the opposite direction Ukraine left several military vehicles "KamAZ", 6 vehicles "Ural", 3 tractor-trailers, and 2 fuelers.
- Russia–Ukraine border
- State Border of Ukraine
- European route E40 topics
- Highway M04 (Ukraine)
- War in Donbass topics
- Checkpoints. The State Border Service. Archived from the original on 22 April 2015. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Fighting rages on despite declared truce". BBC News. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Russian continues to hold the Ukrainian border guards from "Izvarino"". Liga News (in Russian). 21 June 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Терористи напали на пункт пропуску "Ізварине" (English: Terrorists attacked a checkpoint "Izvaryne")". Ukrainian Government Portal (in Ukrainian). 21 June 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Operation of Izvaryne border crossing point in Luhansk region temporarily suspended". Ukrainian Government Portal. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "'Luhansk People's Republic' authorities claim complete control over Izvaryne border checkpoint". Kyiv Post. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Ukraine Advances After Heavy Fighting". Kyiv Post. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Over 40 Ukrainian Soldiers Flee to Russia". Tasnim News Agency. 27 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- MH17 crash: Dutch PM rules out military mission to secure site, BBC News (27 July 2014)
- In regards to the situation at the Russia-Ukraine border. Border Guard Service of Ukraine. 11 September 2014
- PVU.gov.ua: State Border Guard of Ukraine website—(in English)
- DPSU.gov.ua: Пункти пропуску на кордоні із Росією — Державна прикордонна служба (English: Checkpoints on the Border with Russia)—(in Ukrainian), Ukraine State Border Service website.
|This article about a location in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|