Lee in 2014
|Occupation||Filmmaker, director, producer, actor, writer|
Izzy Lee is an American filmmaker, known for her 2015 short film Innsmouth, which she produced through her company Nihil Noctem. She has written for multiple outlets such as Rue Morgue, TwitchFilm, and Fangoria and has also helped program and curate film festivals like the Boston Underground and the Boston Sci-Fi Fest.
Lee began showing an interest in horror in kindergarten and later attended the Massachusetts College of Art and Design, where she received a BFA in illustration. She initially started as an actor and writer, but branched out into filmmaking in order to "see if I could do it". Lee's first short film, Legitimate, was released in 2013 and was partially inspired by Representative Todd Akin's comments about "legitimate" rape. The following year Lee directed a trailer, Come Out and Play, for Christopher Golden's 2014 novel Snowblind. In 2015 Lee released Innsmouth, which was inspired by the works of H. P. Lovecraft, particularly The Shadow over Innsmouth. The short received some media attention for Lee's choice to feature a predominantly female cast, which she did in order to "make [Lovecraft] roll over in his grave a little by having the cast 98% female and switching the gender roles.”
|2013||Legitimate||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Short film, as Masked Woman|
|2013||Ave Maria||No||No||No||Yes||Short film|
|2014||Come Out and Play||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Short film|
|2014||Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling: Episode 15 - The Girl Who Was Death||No||No||No||Yes||Video short, as Barfly|
|2015||Bring Us Your Women||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Segment "Arya Tara", Actress in segment "Sirens", as Persephone|
|2015||Invisible Friend||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Short film|
|2015||A Favor||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Short film|
|2015||Innsmouth||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Short film, as Izzy|
|2016||Grindsploitation||Yes||Yes||No||No||Segment "John Smith"|
|2016||60 Seconds to Die||Yes||No||No||No||Segment "Necrosis"|
|2016||Trinity||No||No||No||Yes||as Tarot Card Reader Two|
|2017||For a Good Time, Call…||Yes||No||Yes||No||Short film, written by Chris Hallock, shot by Bryan McKay, co-produced with Severin Films|
|2017||Rites of Vengeance||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Short film, co-produced with Mary McDonagh and Paul Furio|
- "INTVW: A SIX PACK OF NEW ENGLAND FILM-MAKING MASTER MINDS, PT.1". Icons of Fright. 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "Interview with 'Innsmouth' Director Izzy Lee". Tom Holland's Terror Time. 2016-03-23. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "NO-BUDGET NIGHTMARES: SHORT FILM ROUNDUP (IZZY LEE'S LEGITIMATE)". Daily Grindhouse. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Torretti, Barbara (2015-08-14). "Interview with actress, writer and director Izzy Lee". DarkVeins. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- Lee, Izzy (January 5, 2014). "Come Out and Play". YouTube. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "Travel to Innsmouth for a Teaser and Some Stills". Dread Central. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "INNSMOUTH (Short Film)". Starburst Magazine. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Izzy Lee puts a New Spin on Lovecraft with Short INNSMOUTH". Diabolique Magazine. 2016-03-08. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- Dolan, Patrick. "Review: Izzy Lee's new short A FAVOR". Rue Morgue. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Unsworth, Martin. "A FAVOR (Short Film)". Starburst. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Muller, Stuart. "FrightFest 2015 Review: A FAVOR Engenders Favour". Twitch Film. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Villalpando, Tiffany. "Favor, A (Short)". Dread Central. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Hallam, Scott. "Innsmouth (Short, 2015) (review)". Dread Central. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Mueller, Stuart. "Review: POSTPARTUM. So, Speaking Of Six-Minute Emotional Roller Coasters". Twitch Film. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Lidstone, David. "We review Izzy Lee's short horror film POSTPARTUM". Rue Morgue. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Official website
- Izzy Lee on IMDb
- Interview at (re)Search My Trash
- Interview at Cinedelphia
- Interview at Women in Horror Month
- Interview at Cinema Crazed
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|