J.S.S. Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logo of JSSATE, Bangalore
|Affiliation||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Principal||Mrityunjaya V. Latte|
|Campus||urban, 21 acres (0.085 km2)|
J.S.S. Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore (JSSATEB), or in its full name Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore, is an engineering college in Bangalore, India established in 1997 and managed by JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore. The campus is located in on a hilly 21 acre campus on the Uttarahalli-Kengeri main road within close proximity to Rajarajeshwari Nagar on the southwestern edge of Bangalore City. The college is approved and accredited by All India Council for Technical Education as well as The National Board of Accreditation.JSSATEB is affiliated to VTU for engineering courses  At present JSSATE, Bangalore has seven Under Graduate and four Post Graduate programme in Engineering along a post Graduate programme in Business Administration.
JSS Acdemy of Technical Education, Bangalore offers undergraduate, graduate and research programs in Engineering, Science and Management. All departments are recognized as Research & Centres. The institute has 12 departments and 4 support centres including placement and professional enhancement department. It has student strength of 2600 and more than 75 candidates pursuing research programmes.
Master of Technology (M.Tech) Degree program in:
- VLSI Design and Embedded Systems.
- Production Design and Manufacturing
- Engineering Management
|Engineering – India|
|Outlook India (2017)||53|
Key events in timeline
- January 1999, JSSATE established the JSS Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860. It was registered as a Society on 10 January 2003
- Aug 2005 JSSATE commissioned a biofuels plant with support from the Government. The straight vegetable oil (SVO) produced by the plant run the academy's buses by blending 10 per cent of SVO with diesel.,
- 2005 - JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore, set up the "Advanced Jewellery Design Technology Center" in the JSSATE campus in collaboration with the Government of Karnataka.
- 2007, the college established The IEEE JSSATE regional branch after the Department of Electronics and Communication received the letter of approval from Managing Director, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Regional Activities, Piscataway, New Jersey. The student branch has got a certificate of appreciation for being one of the most active student branches in Karnataka.
- On 20 January 2010, the college inaugurated the 'JSS KSCA Cricket Ground'. Former Indian cricketers Gundappa Viswanath(GR Viswanath) and Anil Kumble, HH Jagadguru Sri Shivaratri Deshikendra Mahaswamiji and Karnataka State Cricket Association president Srikanta Wadiyar were present during the inauguration.
- In June 2005 - team 'Famous Four' from Department of Computer Science and Engineering was amongst the finalist representing India out of total 278 worldwide teams in Windows ChallengE (Organized by Microsoft in association with the Computer Society of the IEEE). Final event was conducted in Microsoft's Redmond, Washington campus. Team's idea (named after nightingale) was based upon a novel approach towards 'Emergency Medical Response system'.
- In May 2010,Team Agni from the Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering, participated in the Formula SAE in Michigan, and were one of the only two teams from India.
- In October 2010,Team Zduhac from the Department of Mechanical Engineering won the consolation prize for the Glider built according to Problem statement of competition named "The Wright Design" sponsored by Airbus at Shaastra (Indian Institute of Technology Madras Technical fest) out of the 54 teams that participated.
- Students have fared well in VTU examinations and secured university ranks - ECE (one student), CSE (three students), IEM (six students) Its alumni are represented in industry and institutes of higher learning.
Technical and cultural activities
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In April–May every year JSSATE organizes its intercollegiate Techno-cultural Fest - VERVE which means Energy. Started in the year 2005. It is held for 2 days with several technical and cultural events completely managed by students.
The students of the department of Computer Science and Engineering also organize an annual technical fest called Continuum. Started in the year 2004 by the students, it consists of events ranging from paper presentations, mock product launches, talks and technical contests.
JSSATE IGNOU Study Center
- JSS Science and Technology University (Formerly:Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering)
- JSSATE Noida
- "Accreditation". Archived from the original on 23 April 2016.
- "About JSSATEB". Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Visvervaraya Technological University - Belgaum". vtu.ac.in.
- "JSSATE MBA".
- "Visvervaraya Technological University - Belgaum- Research Center- Industrial Engineering and Management". vtu.ac.in.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "JSSATE- STEP". JSSATEB. 2003.
- "Department of Science & Technology - Technology System Programme" (PDF). DST, GOI. 2004.
- "Bio-fuel plant commissioned; Govt. to support projects". The Hindu. 13 July 2005. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "A STEP - Home".
- "'IEEE JSSATE regional branch". JSSATE Confluence.
- "'JSS-KSCA Cricket Ground'". Times of India. 20 January 2010.
- "Windows Embedded ChallengE 2005". Archived from the original on 9 February 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "'Another Buggy (Mini F1 Car) in the news! Kudos to JSS Team'". vtualerts. August 2010.
- "'Alumni Group of JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore'". Linkedin. December 2010.
- "'JSSATE IGNOU Study Center'". JSSATE.Org. December 2010.