J. Mike O'Dwyer
O'Dwyer spent 15 years developing a rapid-fire gun prototype called Metal Storm that uses stacked projectiles. Metal Storm can fire up to 1,000,000 rounds per minute, or 16,000 rounds per second, and was declared by Guinness Book of Records to be the world's most intelligent and fastest firearms. The technology was being commercialised by a company also called Metal Storm, but they requested their shares be suspended from trading on 20 July 2012 and later was placed in voluntary administration.
In late 2015 DefendTex, an Australian-based defence R&D company acquired the intellectual property, trademarks and other assets of Metal Storm.
- "Case Studies: Metal Storm Ltd". Department of State Development, Government of Queensland. 28 September 2005. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- "Breeze Technology, Inc. : Business Plan". Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- US Patent 5860225 : Self-ventilating footwear
- Jordan Baker (26 March 2004). "Lethal weapon". The Age. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Staff (26 July 2012). "Metal Storm up for sale". The Australian. AAP. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Defendtex Acquires MetalStorm Assets Defendtex (Press Release) 2015-08-12. Retrieved 2016-01-02
- Transcript of interview with Mike O'Dwyer and others in 2000 (ABC)
- Mike appeared on Nine Network's Sunday program
- ABC, 31 August 2000
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the military of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|