This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Total Control (Worldwide)
|Industry||Tyres, Tubes, Mudflaps|
|Founder||Lala Juggilal Singhania
Lala Kamlapat Singhania
Hari Shankar Singhania
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Raghupati Singhania, Chairman
|Revenue||₹6,015 crore (US$940 million) (FY 2012–13)|
|₹1.06 billion (US$17 million) (FY 2012–13)|
Number of employees
|~5,010 (as on 3 Sept 2013)|
JK Tyre & Industries Ltd is an Automotive Tyre, Tubes and flaps manufacturing company based in Delhi, India. The name JK is derived from the initials of Kamlapatji (1884–1937) and his father Seth Juggilal (1857–1922). The company is the market leader in Truck/Bus Radial tire in India and is the only tyre manufacturer offering the entire range of 4 wheeler radials for Trucks, Buses and Cars. JK Tyre has a worldwide customer base in over 80 countries across all 6 continents. It is a part of J. K. Organisation group of Companies. JK Tyre acquired Mexican tyre major – Tornel in 2008. With production facilities in all 9 plants, total production capacity is almost 20 million tyres p.a.
The Company is headquartered in New Delhi, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg. Registered office is in Kankroli, Rajasthan. Manufacturing plants are located at Nine centers in India, located at -
- Vikrant Plant 1,2&3, in Mysuru Karnataka (3)
- Banmore, Madhya Pradesh
- Kankroli, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Laksar (3), Uttarakhand
JK Tyre has also enhanced its global reach by taking over Tornel, a Mexican company, which has 3 plants in Mexico. Jk tyre has acquired LAKSAR plant of BIRLA TYRES located in Haridwar, in the name of Cavendish Industries. With the new agreement company has now total of 10 manufacturing plants in India
Research & Development
It has an R&D division, Hari Shankar Singhania Elastomer And Tyre Research Institute (HASETRI) with headquarters at Kankroli under the directorship of renowned scientist, Dr. Mukhopadhyay. It has two more branches: one in Faridabad and one in Chennai. It is known for its state-of-the-art Finite Element Method, NVH and tyre-testing capabilities. This R&D facility is one of its kind in Asia. HASETRI is India's first and foremost independent Research and Testing Center, which fulfills the Nation's need for developing newer and better technologies for Elastomer and Tyres. It is recognized under SIRO (Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India. It is also acknowledged by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and other universities for registration leading to higher studies. Product Development Center & R&D facility is present at Mysore, Karnataka. The Chennai operation is a joint initiative of IIT Chennai and JK tyres.
- 1974 – JK Tyre founded in West Bengal with an industrial license in February 1974 for the manufacture of 400,000 nos. each Automobile tyre and Tubes per annum. The company was converted into a public limited company on 1 April 1974. The manufacturing project was promoted by Straw Products Ltd and J.K. Synthetics Ltd.
- 1982 – The company's technical collaboration agreement with General Tire
- 1987 – The overall working resulted in substantial profits despite a 51-days strike as well as go-slow from 14 October.
- 1988 – New steel radial tire for Maruti Gypsy and Tata Motors were introduced.
- 1989 – Semi-lug Nylon Truck tyre, a New patterns and sizes of tyres were introduced.
- 1991 – Handeep Investment, Ltd., Hidrive Finance Ltd., Panchanan Investment Ltd., and Radial Finance Ltd., J. K. International Ltd., Shivdham Properties Ltd., and J.K. Asia Pacific, Ltd., became subsidiaries of the Company. Radial Tyre for Tractors were launched.
- 1992 – opening of office in Moscow besides starting Company's subsidiaries in U.K. & Hong Kong.
- 1993 – New radial tyres 'Brute' and 'Ultima' were introduced. The Company in the process of developing steel belted radial tyres for Mercedes Benz, Peugeot, Daewoo race and Opel Astra. A new pattern developed for bus and trucks 'PE-T8'.
- 1994 – The T-rated Ultima tyres launched for new generation cars found in DCM Daewoo's 'Ceilo'. J.K. Steel radial chosen for Mercedes Benz India. Development of steel radials for GM's 'Astra'. PAL's 'Peugekot' FIAT's, 'UNO' and M & M's 'Ford'. Truck tyre 'Jet Trak' - 39 introduced to meet the needs of the heavy load market. The new tractor rear tyre 'SONA' introduced.
- 1996 – Jet Drive XS, the widest nylon car tyre for Maruti 800 launched. Radial category, Ultima XR Radial, a terrain tyre introduced. Introduction of India's first and only H-rated ultima Xs' specially for Mercedes - Benz Cars.
- 2000 – JK Tyre and Indian Oil Corporation entered into a marketing alliance for installing digital air pressure gauge and setting up sales and services outlets at IOC petrol stations in India.
- 2001 – Raghupati Singhania managing director of J K Industries has appointed the 19th Chairman of Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association.
- 2002 – CRISIL assigned a P1+ rating to the Commercial Paper programme of the company.
- 2003 – Mr Ajay Kapila appointed as the marketing director. Divested its wholly owned subsidiary called J.K. Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd to TEVA Pharmaceuticals of Israel.
- 2004 – securities delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE).
- 2007 – Name of the Company changed from J K Industries Ltd to JK Tyre & Industries Ltd.
- 2008 – The company has issued rights in the ratio of 1:3 at a premium of Rs. 75 Per Share.
JK Tyre National Racing Championship
The JK Tyre National Racing Championship also known as JK-NRC is a track racing championship series consisting of several single make series events of open wheel single seater formula cars and saloon cars in India. This championship series is also considered to be the stepping stone for Indian Racing drivers who want to break into international motorsports. Several drivers including Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok and Armaan Ebrahim have gone on to take part in international events including Formula One and A1 Grand Prix and other premier racing series around the world.
Achievements and Awards
- JK Tyre receives 'Brand of the Year' Award in 2015.
- Driving motorsport in India for over three decades including rallying, karting, racing and the much acclaimed international JK Racing Asia Series
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Mahapatro, B. B. (1993). Industrial Wage Regulation in Orissa. Mittal Publications. p. 108. ISBN 978-81-7099-474-9.
- JK Tyre (1 April 2011), JK Tyre Heritage, retrieved 9 March 2013
- JK Tyre (1 April 2011), JK Tyre International Sales Footprint, retrieved 9 March 2013
- http://www.jktyre.com/AboutJKTyre/Manu_Facilities.aspx Manufacturing Plants JK Tyre
- Reuters (1 April 2011), Profile of JK Tyre & Industries Ltd (JKIN.BO), retrieved 9 March 2013
- Company History - JK Tyre & Industries Ltd.
- JK Tyre Motorsports - Total Control Zone Overview.
- Event Calendar - The federation of Motorsports Club of India
- JK Tyre (3 October 2013), JK Tyre Accolades Footprint, retrieved 9 March 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JK Tyre.|
- Federation of Motorsports Club of India
- Madras Motorsports Club
- JK Tyre Racing
- Team BHP Indian Motosports List
- http://www.motorsportindia.com/main2011/index.php/national-championship/jk-tyre-fmsci-nrc/jktnrc--results.html Indian MotorSport
- The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India