He studied at the Amsterdam Conservatory and at the Sorbonne in France. In the 1960s he was a member of the Dutch early music group Concerto Amsterdam and made recordings with Gustav Leonhardt, Anner Bylsma, Frans Brüggen and others. He served as the director and concertmaster of the Academy of Ancient Music, and in 1982 he was appointed the visiting music director of the Smithsonian Chamber Players. He served as a faculty member at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis, Yale School of Music and the Luxembourg Conservatory.
- Dutch violinist and musicologist Jaap Schröder dies aged 94
- "Jaap Schroder (Conductor, Violin)". Bach-cantatas.com. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Jaap Schroder". AllMusic. 2004-08-20. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Jaap Schröder | Smithsonian Chamber Music Society". Smithsonianchambermusic.org. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Jaap Schröder distinguished Dutch violinist and musical pedagogue at Music Omnia". Musicaomnia.org. 2006-02-10. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Jaap Schröder (2007-08-13). "Bach's Solo Violin Works - Schröder, Jaap - Yale University Press". Yalepress.yale.edu. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
|This article on a violinist or fiddler is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Dutch classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|