Jack Henry & Associates
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: JKHY
S&P 400 Component
|Founded||Monett, Missouri (1976)|
|Headquarters||Monett, Missouri, United States|
|David B. Foss, President, CEO|
Jack Henry & Associates is an S&P 400 company that supports more than 11,300 financial institutions with core processing services. JHA was ranked the 14th largest provider of information technology services to the financial services industry worldwide in the 2016 FinTech 100 surveys. Headquartered in Monett, Missouri, JHA made $1.355 billion in annual revenue during fiscal 2016.
Jack Henry & Associates (commonly referred to as JHA) was formed in 1976 by Jack Henry and Jerry Hall in Verona, MO. In 1977, Jack Henry & Associates was incorporated and generated $9,360 in revenue.
The company went public October 29, 1985 with an IPO of 1.5 million primary shares. JHA started acquiring other companies in 1992. It acquired Symitar in 2000. In 2004, JHA’s focused diversification acquisition strategy resulted in the acquisition of a number of companies and products that can be sold outside JHA’s core client base to all financial services organizations regardless of charter, asset size, core processing platform. In 2006, JHA launched its third primary brand – ProfitStars – to encompass the specialized products and services assembled through its focused diversification acquisition strategy. In 2010 the company acquired iPay Technologies, which operated as the largest independent provider of electronic bill pay services in the United States.
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (June 2014)|
JHA provides hardware and software for financial institutions. The company supports more than 10,500 customers through three primary brands.
Jack Henry Banking
Jack Henry Banking is a provider of the core and complementary services banks use to process financial transactions, automate business processes, and manage information. The original JHA business line supports approximately 1,300 banks—ranging from community banks up. This line includes NetTeller Online Banking.
Symitar was founded in 1984 and acquired by JHA in 2000. Symitar's flagship product is Episys, a software application used to manage member base and process transactions. It has its own PowerOn scripting language, RepGen, and its own SymConnect interface allowing for access by Symitar, other JHA add-on modules, and third-party applications. In 2002 JHA acquired South Carolina-based CU Solutions to bolster the services it provided through Symitar.
The ProfitStars brand was launched in February 2006. It provides best-of-breed solutions that enhance the performance of domestic and international financial institutions of all asset sizes and charters using any core processing system, as well as diverse corporate entities. 
Acquisitions and divestitures
- Bayside Business Solutions
- iPay Technologies 
- US Banking Alliance 
- Profitstars Inc.
- Select Payment Processing, Inc.
- Verinex Technologies, Inc.
- Optinfo, Inc.
- TWS, Inc.
- Tangent Analytics, LLC
- "!company_name! - Company Profile from Hoover's".
- "IDC Financial Insights" (PDF).
- "Selected Financial Data" (PDF). JHA Annual Report: 5. 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "Jack Henry & Associates - NASDAQOMX".
- "Jack Henry Banking – Learn More About Us & Our Banking Solutions".
- NetTeller Online Banking Jack Henry Banking.
- "Symitar – Learn More About Us & Our Credit Union Solutions".
- "Jack Henry Introduces ProfitStars Brand (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry & Associates Acquires Bayside Business Solutions".
- "Jack Henry & Associates Acquires Banno".
- "Jack Henry & Associates and iPay Technologies Complete Acquisition Transaction (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry & Associates to Acquire Pemco Technologies (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry & Associates and Goldleaf Financial Solutions, Inc. Complete Acquisition Transaction (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "ProfitStars(TM) Announces the Acquisition of AudioTel Corporation (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry Announces the Acquisition of Gladiator Technology Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry Announces the Acquisition of US Banking Alliance (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry Announces the Acquisition of Profitstar (NASDAQ:JKHY)".
- "Jack Henry Announces the Acquisition of Tangent Analytics, LLC (NASDAQ:JKHY)".