In November 2008 Moffitt co-founded Collecta, a real-time search company which uses XMPP, including the Strophe library, for communication between the client and server. Collecta launched its public beta in June 2009. Moffitt served as CTO for Collecta until some time in late 2010 when he left the company to work on other projects. Moffit also worked on iOS development as part of Lunchbox Labs according to information on his LinkedIn profile. Lunchbox Labs produced the iOS word game SnackWords. In 2011, Moffit's name appeared with a credit as one of the "Server Developers" for the iOS MMORPG ShadowCities produced by Grey Area Software.
In 2012 Jack Moffitt joined TalkTo, an internet startup which allows users to send questions via an application or SMS and have agents at TalkTo answer their questions or conduct research for them. Moffitt's role is "Lead Architect" according to the ErlangFactory conference website for Moffitt's 2012 talk there. TalkTo reportedly uses XMPP for some of its communication, which may explain Moffitt's involvement. On the TalkTo blog, a birthday message to Moffitt was displayed referencing him as a "team member"  and including a happy birthday message  which is an XMPP code stanza. Former Chesspark and Collecta coworker, Nathan Zorn, who is also an active member of the open source community, appears in the image holding up the sign and on the About page of the TalkTo website, indicating he is also a TalkTo employee, though whether he or Moffitt joined first is unknown.
In March 2013 Moffitt left TalkTo and joined Mozilla in the role of Senior Research Engineer  working on Servo. In 2015, Moffit spoke at Linux Australia's linux.conf.au conference about the goals and challenges in the ongoing development of Servo in a talk called "Building a Parallel Browser" 
Moffitt also has an interest in electronic music, and formerly played keyboards in a band called Lousy Robot. In 2010 Moffitt gave a talk called "Your Brain on Sound: Aural Illusions, MP3, and Psychoacoustics" as part of Ignite New Mexico 
Moffitt blogs occasionally at Metajack.im - the ".im" suffix chosen because it is also shorthand for "instant message" in a nod to Moffitt's work with XMPP.
- Jack Moffitt: Everything but a private eye
- Audio Interview with Jack Moffitt
- "Minutes of the Xiph.org Monthly Meeting for May 2003". 2003-05-10. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- "Minutes of the Xiph.org Monthly Meeting for September 2003". Xiph.Org. 2003-09-16. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- Interview: Ogg Vorbis Frees the Music
- "Erlang Factory SFBay 2012 - Jack Moffitt". Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- Erlang Factory SF Bay Area 2011 Speakers: Jack Moffitt[permanent dead link]
- Erlang Factory SF Bay Area 2010 Speakers: Jack Moffit
- Erlang Factory Lite 2010, Los Angeles Speakers: Jack Moffitt
- "Jack Moffitt Application 2012 - XMPP.org". Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- Interview with Chesspark
- strophe-dev ML
- Jack Moffitt - JSConf 2009 Archived 2011-07-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Collecta Enters The Real Time Search Wars
- Collecta: True Real-Time Social Search
- Collecta - Meet the team. Archived 2009-07-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Startup Collecta Shuts Down Its Product, Starts Working on a New One
- Collecta: Another Real-time Search Engine Bites the Dust
- Jack Moffitt - LinkedIn
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "Erlang Factory Speakers 2012 - Jack Moffitt". Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "TalkTo: About". Archived from the original on 2013-02-03. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "TalkTo Blog". Archived from the original on 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- "XMPP Birthday Message". Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- XSF Annual Meeting 2010 minutes
- Lousy Robot
- "metajack (Jack Moffitt) - GitHub".
- Jack Moffitt Application 2012 - XMPP.org
- Jack Moffitt Application 2015 - XMPP.org
- metajack.im - a blog about startups and code
- An XMPP Sub-protocol for WebSocket
- The Real Time Web with XMPP, an Introduction to Strophe.js
- XMPP Standards Foundation homepage
- XMPP Standards Foundation information page
- Xiph.Org Foundation
- "The Changelog #228: Servo and Rust with Jack Moffitt". 2016-11-18.