Jake Hendriks, born Jacob Hendrik Cuddihy in 1981 in Chessington, is the oldest of three children, with two younger brothers, Joshua and Caleb. He attended Hinchley Wood School, and then Tiffin School, Kingston-upon-Thames, a selective boys' grammar school with specialist Performing Arts College status. He graduated from Guildford School of Acting in 2004. He is currently managed by Burnett Crowther associates Ltd and also works freelance as a professional story board artist.
In an interview with Hollyoaks website, he commented on his on-screen persona:
"He's a laid back guy and as a result he has a calming effect on the McQueens who usually have a manic household. He also seems to be always eating for some reason, nearly every scene I've filmed I've had to be eating something!”.
Previous television roles
Prior to Hollyoaks, Hendriks also had roles in Ultimate Force (Series 3, Episode 3: "Class of 1980") playing Paul Brown; in 3 episodes of Down to Earth ("Broken dreams", "Changes", "Dangerous Liaisons") playing Simon Cole and in Casualty (Series 21, Episode 26: "The Killing Floor") playing Bobby Anstiss.
Inside Soap Awards 2008
- The Battle of Monte Camino (2003) - Short movie directed by Simeon Lumgair, playing Pvt. Daniel Shorter, based on Alex Bowlby's book, Countdown to Cassino (1994).
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1999 - Macbeth - Rapid Classics - Directed by Steve Thompson; Produced by Ambroise Muchembled - Playing Macbeth.
- 2003 - Adam Bede - Guildford School of Acting - Directed by Andrew Hall - Playing Adam Bede.
- 2004 - Someone Who'll Watch Over Me - "Gateway Theatre" Edinburgh - Directed by Bruce Guthrie & Ashley Herman - Playing Adam.
- 2005 - Someone Who'll Watch Over Me - "The Venue" Leicester Square Palace - Directed by Bruce Guthrie & Ashley Herman - Playing Adam.
- 2006 - The Long and the Short and the Tall - "Pleasance Theatre", Islington - 19 September - 7 October 2006 - Directed by Bruce Guthrie - Playing Sgt. Mitchem.
- 2008 - Jack and the Beanstalk - "Hazlitt Theatre" Maidstone - 29 November 2008 - 4 January 2009. Directed by Tom Swift - Playing Jack.
- 2009 - Jack and the Beanstalk - Whitley Bay Playhouse - 18 December 2009 - 3 January 2010. Playing Jack.
- 2011 - The Comedy of Errors - Antipholus (summer season, various open-air venues)
||This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (September 2009) (|
- The GSA for Acting and Musical Theatre: Class of 2004 Acting
- "Jake Hendriks announces departure". Channel 4. 18 July 2008. Archived from the original on 21 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- Kris Green (18 July 2008). "Jake Hendricks to exit this September". Digital spy. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- "Meet Father Kieron". Channel 4. 28 January 2008. Archived from the original on 28 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- projects 1
- "It wouldn't be summer without the Changeling Theatre's open-air Shakespearean production, this time The Comedy of Errors. Its star Jake Hendriks talked about making the jump from the safety of TV to theatre.". kentonline.co.uk. 28 June 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2014.