April 21, 1951
|Died||February 10, 1998(aged 46)|
Jamal Ehsani (Urdu: جمال احسانی) (April 21, 1951 – February 10, 1998), was a Pakistani poet noted for his work in the ghazal form. and was a favourite poet in the student's circle of Urdu literature. He has written three poetry books. After his death,his complete poetry work has been published as a Kulliyaat-e-Jamal.
Jamal was born in Sargodha, Pakistan. He received his primary education there, and moved to Karachi in very young age. He continued his study in Karachi and worked in different fields. He died on February 10, 1998 in Karachi.
Jamal's two poetry books were published in his life, and one after his death by support of Dr. Fatima Hasan. His complete work of poetry has been published entitled Kulliyat-e-Jamal,. which is highly appreciated by many Urdu poets.
His style of writing and critic was as,
Ye shehr apney hareefon se hara thori hai
This city hasn’t surrendered to its foes
- Kulliyaat-e-Jamal کّلیاتِ جمال, Karachi
- Sitara-i-Safar ستارۂ سفر,Tabeer Publications Karachi,1982
- Raat Ke Jaagey Huay رات کے جاگے ہوئے, Sindh Press Karachi,1986
- Taare Ko Mehtab Kia تارے کو مہتاب کیا, Karachi
- "جمال احسانی". Global Urdu Forum.Org Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "Urdu poetry assessed". Daily Dawn. 2004-08-14. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "Poems of intense indulgence". The News International. 2008-04-06. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "Jamal's complete works launched". Dawn.com. 2008-10-12. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "تیسری قسم کی ریاست". BBC.com.uk. 2012-02-12. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "جمال احسانی زندہ رہیں گے". Daily Jang. Retrieved 2012-03-25.