Njegovan was educated at St. John's College, University of Manitoba and ordained in 1979. He served parishes in Winnipeg before becoming Rector of Brandon Cathedral and Dean of Brandon in 1992, a post he held until his elevation to the episcopate. He was consecrated bishop in Brandon Cathedral on February 2, 2002. Bishop Njegovan announced his retirement, effective July 31, 2015, in a pastoral letter dated Palm Sunday, March 29, 2015.
In 2005 Bishop Njegovan banned the independent newspaper The Anglican Planet from being distributed in churches in his diocese and criticised it as "sowing the seeds of distrust and disdain within the Church" and said that he did not "wish to see it distributed in, or to, our parishes." 
Bishop Njegovan also faced criticism within the diocese when he appointed his 27-year-old son Noah Njegovan as Archdeacon of Brandon and Diocesan Executive Officer. Noah Njegovan has subsequently been arrested and charged for theft and embezzlement. The charges allege that during the period of 2010-2012 Noah Njegovan stole over $200,000 from the diocese and used to purchase vehicles, several trips to Las Vegas and massages.
- "The Diocese of Brandon in the Anglican Church of Canada". Anglican Church of Canada. Archived from the original on 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "The Mystery Worshipper: St Matthew's Cathedral, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada". Ship of Fools. 2002. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Forget, Andre (2015-03-31). "Brandon Bishop Announces Retirement". The Anglican Journal. Archived from the original on 2015-06-05. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Baker, Hunter (2005-10-25). "Encircling The Anglican Planet". TouchStone Magazine. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "Anglican priest accused of stealing over $200,000 arrested again". ”Staff Writer”. The Brandon Sun. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2015-10-08.
|Church of England titles|
Malcolm Alfred Warden Harding
|Bishop of Brandon
2002 – 2015
|This article about a Canadian Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|