|Associated acts||The Wee Trio
James Westfall is a jazz vibraphonist and keyboardist born in Houston, Texas.
He began on violin at age 6 before moving to piano and then percussion. He became interested in vibraphone due in part to his grandfather. (Who learned the instrument during the great depression). He later moved to New Orleans where he attended the University of New Orleans. In New Orleans he studied under Terence Blanchard, Harold Battiste, Steve Masakowski and Ellis Marsalis, Jr.. Later he moved to Los Angeles, California where he was part of the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. At present he lives in Nashville working as a studio musician.
Westfall is also a founding member of The Wee Trio.
- The Wee Trio, WEE + 3 (2016) Bionic Records
- The Wee Trio, Live At The Bistro (2013) Bionic Records
- James Westfall, The Colt 45's Digital EP (2013) Bionic Records
- The Wee Trio, Ashes to Ashes: A David Bowie Intraspective (2012) Bionic Records
- Bionica, Take Your City (2010) Bionic Records
- The Wee Trio, Capitol Diner Vol. 2 (2010) Bionic Records
- The Wee Trio, Capitol Diner Vol. 1 (2008) Bionic Records
- James Westfall, Independent (2006) Bionic Records
- James Westfall, & The Jazz Blasters EP (2003) Bionic Records