|Born||14 February 1978|
|Occupation||Movie director and writer|
|Known for||Goat Story – The Old Prague Legends|
|Goat Story – The Old Prague Legends|
Jan Tománek (born 14 February 1978, Prague) is a Czech movie director, writer and artist. He is the creator of animated moviews Goat Story – The Old Prague Legends and Goat Story with Cheese. In 2018 he published his the first thriller novel Motýlí křik (The Butterfly Scream).
He graduated from the High School of Arts in Prague in 1996. He has been studying at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague since 1999, in the studio of New Media. He has been making short 3D animated movies and combined movies with real actors since 1997. In 1997 he created his first short movie, Perpetuum mobile. In 1999 he produced two short acted movies and one 3D animated story about two living glasses. Since 2007 he has been working with Czech Television on his latest movie, which will be a combination of 3D modelled backgrounds with real actors shot on a blue background. He also works with Prague's Laterna Magika theatre company. Tománek's movies have been presented and awarded at Czech and foreign festivals. On his short films he does almost everything alone, including sctipt, directing, animation and post-production.
In 2008 he released a new film project Goat Story – The Old Prague Legends (Czech: Kozí příběh – pověsti staré Prahy) – the first full-length Czech 3D animated movie. In 2012 he completed the sequel Goat story with Chesse – aka Goat Story 2 .
In 2018, he published his first novel Motýlí křik (The Butterfly scream) in the publishing house Albatros Media.
- 1997 Poslední večeře Páně (The Last dinner of Lord) – 3 min. – short film
- 1997 Perpetuum mobile – 5 min. – short film
- 1999 Kapesníček (The Hanky) – 6 min. – short film
- 1999 Ze života sklenic (From the life of glasses) – 3 min. – 3D animation
- 1999 Vlastně nikam... (Actually nowhere…) – 20 min – short film
- 2000 Svět (The World) – 3 min. – 3D animation
- 2001 Červená Karkulka – 5 min. – short film with animation
- 2002 Žáby (The Frogs) – 4 min – 3D animation film, in the cinema distribution since 2003
- 2003 Probuzení (Wake up) – 20 min – short film
- 2008 Goat Story – The Old Prague Legends – feature film, director, artist
- 2012 Goat Story with Cheese – feature film, director, artist
- 2018 Motýlí křik (The Butterfly scream) – The conspiracy thriller from present-day Prague and the Bilderberg conference.
- 2009 Digital seoul_film festival – Seoul
- 2009 Drake International film festival – Italy, Naples
- 2009 SICAF (Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival) (Feature competition)
- 2009 INDIE FEST USA – USA, California
- 2009 Bangkok Int. Animation Film Festival – Thailand, Bangkok (Official competition)
- 2009 Animest 2009 Int. Animation Film Festival – Bucharest (Official competition)
- 2009 CINANIMA 2009, 33rd Int. anim. Film Festival – Espino (Official competition)
- 2009 Czech Lion Award – Best Art Achievement – Nominee
- 2009 Febiofest – Kristian – AWARD Critics price – The Best Czech Animated movie 2008
- 2010 Bilbao – International Animation Film festival – Spain
- 2010 NUEVA MIRADA – Int. festival – Buenos Aires – Argentina – Golden kite – The best feature for children
- Goat Story movie web site. Retrieved 15 August 2007
|This article about a Czech actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|