Education and marriage
Gerber teaches classes in Classics, History, and M.A. Liberal Studies in the Center of Jewish Studies at the City University of New York, specializing in Sephardic history. She is director of the Institute for Sephardic Studies.
- (1986). "Anti-Semitism and the Muslim World". In History and Hate: The Dimensions of Anti-Semitism, ed. David Berger. Jewish Publications Society. ISBN 0-8276-0267-7
- (1994) The beginnings of Jewish life in Spain are cloaked in myth and legend..." Jews of Spain: A History of the Sephardic Experience ISBN 0-02-911574-4
- (1997) Jewish Society in Fez, 1450-1700: Studies in Communal and Economic Life (Studies in Judaism in Modern Times) ISBN 9004058206
Her one-volume history of Sephardic Jews of Spain was described as "excellent" and a reviewer noted her strengths in synthesizing much recent research about this people.
- "Faculty Directory: G". Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- "WEDDINGS; Dina Gerber, Marshall Huebner". New York Times. September 21, 1992. p. 1.
- Institute for Sephardic Studies, Center for Jewish Studies, City University of New York, 2014, accessed 20 February 2014
- amazon.com entry for Jews of Spain: A History of the Sephardic Experience
- "Jane Gerber", Cinema On Sundays
- Renée Levine Melammed, Review: "The Jews of Spain: A History of the Sephardic Experience, by Jane S. Gerber", AJS Review, Vol. 20, No. 1 (1995), pp. 219-222, Published by: Cambridge University Press, accessed 20 February 2014
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|