|Born||Janet Celesta Lowe|
May 15, 1940
Santa Rosa, California, U.S.
|Died||December 31, 2019 (aged 79)|
San Diego, California
|Education||Bachelor's in Business and Economics from University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Master's in Mass Communication from University of San Diego|
Janet Celesta Lowe (May 15, 1940 - December 31, 2019) was an American author, university lecturer and business writer.
Lowe was originally from Santa Fe, New Mexico. She worked as production assistant or producer for several television stations, usually in their news departments. She then positioned herself as a marketing resource for television stations, preparing regular newsletters, providing web pages and web content, and holding workshops for station workers.
Lowe has been business editor of the San Diego Tribune and editor of the San Diego Daily Transcript. She has been published in Newsweek, Los Angeles Times, Dallas Morning News, San Jose Mercury News, Modern Maturity and other national magazines. She specializes in writing books about business leaders.
- 1998: Bill Gates Speaks: Insights from the World's Greatest Entrepreneur
- 1999: Ted Turner Speaks: Insights from the World's Greatest Maverick
- 2001: Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World's Most Influential Voice
- 2007: Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World's Greatest Investor
- 2009: Google Speaks: Secrets of the World's Greatest Billionaire Entrepreneurs, Sergey Brin and Larry Page
- 1988: Dividends Don't Lie: Finding Value in Blue-Chip Stocks co-authored with Geraldine Weiss
- 1996: Value investing Made Easy
- 2000: Damn Right! Behind the Scenes with Berkshire Hathaway Billionaire Charlie Munger
- Including KVII in Amarillo, Texas; KREM in Spokane, Washington; KTAB in Abilene, Texas; and KTVT in Fort Worth, Texas (from her website)
- http://www.janetsnews.com Archived 2009-11-21 at the Wayback Machine Official Janet Lowe website, accessed 29 November 2009
- Janet Lowe
- "Financial Journalist Janet Lowe to Speak at Alumni Luncheon". University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- Lowe, Janet (October 14, 1998). Bill Gates Speaks: Insight from the World's Greatest Entrepreneur. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780471293538.
- Turner, Ted; Lowe, Janet (November 4, 1999). Ted Turner speaks: insight from the world's greatest maverick. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780471345633.
- Lowe, Janet (January 22, 2001). Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World's Most Influential Voice. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780471399940.
- Lowe, Janet (November 27, 2007). Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World's Greatest Investor. Wiley. ISBN 9780470189818.
- Lowe, Janet (April 22, 2009). Google Speaks: Secrets of the World's Greatest Billionaire Entrepreneurs, Sergey Brin and Larry Page. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470501245.
- Weiss, Geraldine; Lowe, Janet (January 1, 1989). Dividends don't lie: finding value in blue-chip stocks. Dearborn Financial Pub. ISBN 9780793100231.
- Lowe, Janet (November 22, 1997). Value Investing Made Easy: Benjamin Graham's Classic Investment Strategy Explained for Everyone. McGraw Hill Professional. ISBN 9780070388642.
- "Damn Right!Behind the Scenes with Berkshire Hathaway Billionaire Charlie Munger" (PDF). The Economist. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|