April 14, 1982 |
|Genres||Indie rock, new wave, alternative rock, post-punk revival, synthpop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, guitarist, bassist|
|Instruments||vocals, keyboards, guitar, bass, drums, producer|
|Labels||Yläkulo, The Velvet Beat|
|Associated acts||Volter , The Saturnettes|
Jann Wilde (Jani Tuovinen) is a Finnish singer/songwriter from Tampere, Finland. Born on 14 April 1982.
Jann Wilde started his musical career when he released his demo EP Boys Out Of New York in 2004. On the early demos, he recorded all the instruments on most of the tracks. In 2005 Jann Wilde teamed up with a band Rose Avenue and formed Jann Wilde & Rose Avenue.
They released one album in February 2007 called Tokio Okei before splitting up.
Subsequently, Jann Wilde and Rose Avenue drummer Tender Rexx recruited new musicians to form Jann Wilde & The Neon Comets who released the critically acclaimed album Neon City Rockers on August 27, 2008. Soon after the release of the album, the band left their label, Hype Records, citing a lack of financial and artistical support.
He is currently playing in a group called The Saturnettes. Their eponymous debut album was released on November 16, 2011. A second album was released on November 1, 2013.
- Tokio Okei (Jann Wilde & Rose Avenue) (2007)
- Neon City Rockers (Jann Wilde & The Neon Comets) (2008)
- Don’t Play with the Flame on Your Hand (Jann Wilde) (2010)
- The Saturnettes (The Saturnettes) (2011)
- The Saturnettes (The Saturnettes) (2013)
- Carlights (Jann Wilde) (2010)
- "Boys Out Of New York" (2006)
- "Lover Lover Lover" (2007)
- "Polaroid" (2008 - free download single)
- "Neon City Rockers" (2008 - download single)
- "Deimos & Phobos" (2008 - PROMO)
- "Last Saturday In Gaza / Wendy" (2010 - PROMO)
- "Jekyllene / Song For The Movie" (2010 - Free Download single)
|This article about a Finnish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|