||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jason Baerg is a visual artist / media producer who specializes in drawing, painting, film and new media.
As a visual artist, Baerg has exhibited his work internationally at such institutions as the Banff Centre, The FOFA Gallery at Concordia University in Montreal, the Toronto International Art Fair, and Art Basel Miami. He continues to work and present as a visual artist.
As a media producer, Baerg works in the Canadian television and film industry developing documentary and multimedia art projects with such broadcasters as APTN, SunTV and The National Film Board of Canada.
He has won several art awards from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Ontario Arts Council. Baerg has also sat on national art juries for the Canada Council for the Arts and Indian and Northern Affairs Canada and the Ontario Arts Council.
In 2008 Baerg won the prestigious Emerging Artist Award for the Premier’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts, granted on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Culture as well as a Quebecor Production Fellowship to The Banff New Media Institute.
- "Congratulations to Jason Baerg, NIMAC board member from NIMAC board and staff!". nationtalk.ca. December 21, 2008. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Premier’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts". Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Archive : Quebecor Fellowship Recipients". Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Visual artist gets financially creative". thestar.com.
- "Canadian artist bounces into Park". Sherwood Park News.
- "Running 2from Home".
- "Artists score points at North American Indigenous Games".
- "Artists urged to share culture". The New Zealand Herald.