Jason Jessee is a professional skateboarder from the United States who was identified as the 24th most influential skateboarder of all time by TransWorld SKATEboarding magazine in 2011. The feature documentary Pray for Me: The Jason Jessee Film was released in 2006.
Jessee's first sponsor was Vision Street Wear, but he soon made the move to a professional sponsorship deal with Santa Cruz Skateboards. After an extended period of absence from the skateboarding industry, Jessee was once again sponsored by Santa Cruz and he helped the company during its 40th anniversary celebration.
To announce Jessee's new role as a Converse Skateboarding "Ambassador"—alongside other professional skateboarders such as Kenny Anderson and Zered Bassett—a welcome video was published on the Converse Skateboarding YouTube channel in June 2012. The video features footage of Jessee's rural home, his motorcycle riding and skateboarding footage. Jessee concludes the video by stating: "I'm forty and I'm not dead yet! I feel pretty good."
Alongside other professional skateboarders like Tony Hawk and Kevin Staab, Jessee was interviewed for the feature documentary Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator, about the tragedy of former professional skateboarder Mark "Gator" Rogowski—Rogowski was sentenced to prison for the rape and murder of a female friend. Jessee was again asked about Rogowski in an online video interview with Hawk's RIDE Channel in June 2014 and he described Rogowski as a "creep."
- Blair Alley (20 December 2011). "The 30 Most Influential Skaters Of All Time". TransWorld SKATEboarding. TEN. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Powderkeg (5 October 2013). "Jason Jessee celebrates 40 years of Santa Cruz Skateboards" (Video upload). BNQT. USA Today Sports. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Converse Skateboarding: Ambassador -- Jason Jessee" (Video upload). Converse on YouTube. Google Inc. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "2004, 2002, English, Spanish, Video edition: Stoked : the rise and fall of Gator. [videorecording] :". National Library of Australia Trove. National Library of Australia. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Jason Jessee Speaks Chinese on Free Lunch" (Video upload). RIDE Channel on YouTube. Google Inc. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
|This biographical article related to American sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This skateboarding-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|