January 8, 1949 |
|Occupation||CEO of the Abraham Group|
|Subject||Business and marketing|
Jay Abraham (born January 8, 1949) is an American business executive, conference speaker, and author. He is known for his work in developing strategies for direct-response marketing in the 1970s. In 2000, Forbes listed him as one of the top five executive coaches in the US. He is the founder and CEO of the Abraham Group, a marketing consultant firm focused on providing growth strategies to businesses.
Abraham is the founder and CEO of the Abraham Group, which provides business consulting focusing on direct-response marketing. His clients have ranged from small entrepreneurial organizations to international corporations. His services include providing corporate executives with growth strategies. In his role as a business and marketing consultant, Abraham has assisted over 10,000 from over 400 different industries on a global basis. He has written books which address economic strategies, following the early 1990s recession and the recession of 2008. His strategies focus on identifying and utilizing high leverage techniques that business and corporate leaders may use to gain a business advantage or help them avoid being affected by economic recession. Many of his strategies focus on helping companies to communicate more clearly to prospects and clients using methods such as unique selling propositions, risk reversal, making clear offers, testing and optimization. He has also presented business seminars on business marketing both alone and in partnership with other well known experts including Chet Holmes, Anthony Robbins and Spike Humer. Abraham has also served as a keynote speaker at corporate events and conferences in countries throughout the world, including the United States, Mexico, Russia, China, and Australia.
- Abraham, Jay (2000). Getting Everything You Can Out of All You've Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition, Truman Talley Books, 384 pages. ISBN 978-0312204655
- Abraham, Jay (2009). The Sticking Point Solution: 9 Ways to Move Your Business from Stagnation to Stunning Growth in Tough Economic Times, Vanguard Press, 272 pages. ISBN 978-1593155100
- Grover, Mary Beth (March 6, 2000). "Preshrunk - Executive coaches are getting to be such a fad that one wealthy company cofounder wound up with two of them". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- Hollie, Pamela (October 16, 1983). "The Market is Wide Open for Marketing Experts". The New York Times.[full citation needed]
- D'nan Bass, Carla (April 16, 2000). "Top salesman makes jump to consulting Abraham learned job the old-fashioned way". The Dallas Morning News.[full citation needed]
- Funk, Susan (November 11, 2001). "Consultant Helps Companies Fight the Recessionary Blues". The Freelance Star.[full citation needed]
- Diamond News. "54 Leading Experts on Marketing and Business Building Join Forces to Help Struggling Businesses". Diamond News. Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Applegate, Jane (January 7, 1991). "Revise Business Strategies to Survive Economy's Downturn". Washington Post. [full citation needed]
- "Jay Abraham is about to launch his China Shakes the tour". News.B2b168.com. March 29, 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.[dead link]
- Solomon, Andrew (February 1996). "Can you feel the Force". BusinessAge.[full citation needed]
- Michaels, Magnacca, Nancy, Mark (June 7, 1998). "Reverse Risk and Make a Sale". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. [full citation needed]