Jai Kumar Jalaj
Dr. Jaykumar Jalaj (born in Lalitpur, U.P. on 2 October 1934) is a prominent figure in Hindi literature. He was educated in and later taught at Allahabad University. He started his career as a lecturer of Hindi in colleges of Madhya Pradesh. The colleges included those in Satna, Rewa, Bareli, Sehore, all run by the Government of Madhya Pradesh. He taught in the Govt. Arts & Science Post-Graduate College, Ratlam, as first as Professor and Head of Hindi department for 10 years and then from 1981 as principal for 13 years.
- 'Kinaare Se Dhaar Tak' (Poems, 2013) Published by Triveni Prakashan, Allahabad & Hindi Granth Karyalay, Mumbai. ISBN 978-81-88769-81-0.
- 'Suraj si Astha' (Poems, 1958),
- 'Sanskrit Natyasastra: Ek Punarvicara' (Research and review, 1962),
- 'Dhvani Aur Dhvanigram Sastra' (Linguistics, 1962),
- 'Aitihasika Bhasa Vijnan' (1972,2001),
- 'Sanskrit aur Hindi Nataka: Racana evam Rangakarma' (Research and review 1985,2000),
- BHAGAVAN MAHAVIR KA BUNIYADI CHINTAN First published in 2002 34st[clarification needed] Hindi Edition, 2012 ISBN 978-81-88769-79-7 Published by Hindi Granth Karyalay, Mumbai and translated in 9 languages
- (from Sanskrit)
- Pūjyapāda. "Iṣṭopadeśa". Sanskrit text, Hindi translation, Introduction and Shloka Index. Hindi translation by Dr Jaykumar Jalaj. Edited by Manish Modi. Pandit Nathuram Premi Research Series Volume 14. Mumbai: Hindi Granth Karyalay, 2007. ISBN 978-81-88769-23-0.
- (from Apabhramsha)
- (from Prakrit)
PRAVACANASARA by Acarya Kundakunda Paras Moolchand Chatter Charitable Trust (One edition: 2014)
Dr Jaykumar Jalaj has been honoured by various awards. 1967: Kamata Prasada Guru Award, Vishvanatha Award 1987: Madhya Pradesh Government Bhoj Award 1998: Sahitya Sarasvat award by Hindi Sahitya Sammelan
- Commonwealth universities yearbook. 1989,3, Volume 1 p2154
- http://jainsamaj.org/rpg_site/literature2.php?id=1411&cat=42 Jain Samaj
- https://groups.google.com/group/roz-ek-sher/browse_thread/thread/d3a708fe022ec681 Review of The Basic Thought of Bhagavan Mahavira (Hindi edition) By Dr Jaykumar Jalaj
- Reference India: biographical notes about men & women of achievement of today & tomorrow, Volume 2 p171