|Born||22 October 1939|
|Died||6 December 2013(aged 74)|
|Occupation||Poet, preface writer, columnist, critic, webmaster,|
|Genre||symbolism, forma brevis, esotericism|
|Notable awards||Prix Jacques Normand 1987 of the Société des gens de lettres (Society of Men of Letters of France, a writer's association founded in 1838) for Le sculpteur d'eaux|
Jean-Pierre Desthuilliers went to high school at the collège Albert de Mun, at Michel Bouts' école du Gai Savoir, a school based on the principles of active learning, then at the co-ed lycée of Meaux, now Lycée Henri Moissan. In 1956, he entered a classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles, a two-year preparatory course for enrollment in one of France's "grandes écoles" at Paris' Lycée Henri-IV. Having graduated from ENSICA as an engineer in 1962, he spent twenty years working as an executive in the industrial sector and for a private firm running public services. After that, he became associate manager at Bossard Consultants. There, he contributed to develop social dynamics under Jean-Christian Fauvet's supervision. In 1992, he created a consultancy firm specialised in instructional design and based in Boulogne-Billancourt.
Since 1959, he has worked with cultural associations, among which:
- from 1962 to 1974 the youth club (“Maison des Jeunes et de la Culture”), then the cultural center of Chelles where he worked with playwright, singer and actor Michel Heim, among others;
- from 1978 to 1983 the ACILECE, a teachers' bookselling and publishing co-operative that was founded by the writer and poet Maurice Fombeure;
- since 1983, the association La Jointée, which publishes the literary review Jointure, which he founded along with Jacques Arnold, Georges Friedenkraft, Daniel Sauvale and several other poets, and where he held the position of president and treasurer for several years;
- since 2004 the Aire-Falguière theatre which he administrates.
Jean-Pierre Desthuilliers belongs to the Société des poètes français, the French Poets Society.
Besides his professional and literary work, he is involved in various types of political and social action. In particular:
- from 2002 to 2008 he was neighbourhood councillor in the town of Boulogne-Billancourt, where he lives.;
- as a representative of the ENSICA alumni, he played a role in merging the engineering schools SUPAERO and ENSICA, which formed the Institut supérieur de l'aéronautique et de l'espace (ISAE) (Space and Aeronautics Institute) in 2007, and in merging the two alumni associations, into the "Amicale ISAE," which he administrates.
- Published works
- Le cristal opaque · , (1974), original drawings by Tardivo, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, collection Miroir oblique. Currently out of print, this book is now published under a Free Art License on the site Culture libre, without illustrations but with an introduction
- L'arbre parole ·  ·  (1979), drawings by Odile Damon-Leclerc, José Millas-Martin, collection Grand Fond. Currently out of print, this book is now published under a Free Art License on the site Culture libre, without illustrations
- Le sculpteur d'eaux, (1987), preface by Jacques Arnold, postface by Michel Martin de Villemer, followed by Travaux d'un sculpteur d'eaux, which received the Jacques Normand Award from the Society of Men of Letters of France
- La vigne adamantine (1999)
- L'opéra des tarots dorés, partly published in Soif de mots, tome 7, éditions du Brontosaure, January 2000
- Regular and occasional contributions to many literary reviews :
- Jehan Despert's Les cahiers de l'Île de France
- La revue de l'ACILECE
- Jointure · 
- Saraswati, edited by Silvaine Arabo
- Phréatique, edited by poet Gérard Murail
- Envols, Vermillon, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – edited by Hédi Bouraoui et Jacques Flamand
- Les cahiers de l'Alba, edited by Mireille Disdero and Alain Castets
- Publication in anthologies:
- Poètes de Paris et de l'Île de France, (1957), Paris: éditions de la Revue Moderne
- Perspectives Spirituelles (1987), Monaco: Regain
- Jointhologie, invitation au voyage, (1990), Perpignan: La Jointée
- Eros en Poésie, (2002), Paris: Librairie Galerie Racine, with the participation of the site Ecrits...vains?
Prefaces and other paratexts
- Preface of Michel Bouts' posthumous novel: Sang Breton, and detailed biography of the author
- Preface of the anthology about birds compiled by Moroccan writer Joseph Ouaknine: Savez-vous parler cui-cui ?
- Postface of Francine Caron's book: Parcs et lunaparks de Paris, 150 haïkus écolo-ludico-bucoliques
- Preface of Christine Guilloux's collection of prose poems: Passages
- Preface of Patricia Laranco's poetry book: Lointitude
- Preface, and index of rare and curious words in Michel Martin de Villemer's book: Morgeline pour ma veuve
Reviews and readings
- Two contributions to the collective work Emmanuel Lochac, ses visages et leurs énigmes, 1994 :
- Le choc Lochac
- à propos des Sixains de persévérance
- Essay about the book Le Miel de l'abîme by Marc Alyn, in Jointure number 68, spring 2001
- Reconstructive reading of Marc-Williams Debono's collection L'Épissure des mots, in Jointure no. 90, September 2009
Essays and articles
- Comment lit-on Rimbaud, quand on a dix-sept ans ?, in Les cahiers de l'Alba, number 6-7 special issue about Arthur Rimbaud, second semester 2005, pages 101 to 106
- Triangulation de la perception : le biface et l'os de seiche, in Plastir no. 15, June 2009
Publishing and poetic action
- Directs the literary collection Les oeuvres jointes
- Creates and runs writing workshops and poetic performances
- Co-produced the CD-rom Henri Landier ou la cohérence d'une oeuvre along with philosopher Bruno Picot
- Creates and acts as webmaster for sites about writers and poets:
Notes and references
- Laranco, Patricia (10 December 2013). "Jean-Pierre DESTHUILLIERS, poète, revuiste et éditeur français, nous a quittés.." Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Avis de décès". 10 December 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- see the biography published in New Muses Official Organ of the Federation of International Poetry Associations, vol. X, N°1–4, 1986–1987, page 24
- See biography on the back cover of l'Arbre Parole
- See directory of ISAE SUPAERO ENSICA engineers or see the website of the National Council of French Engineers and Scientists
- See page 73 of the brochure Une aventure de trente ans published by the Academy of Créteil en 2002 Archived 14 July 2005 at the Wayback Machine.
- See the consultancy's presentation sheet
- See Les Cahiers de l'Île de France, no. 38 from June 1956 et no. 40 from February 1957
- See Le Figaro dated 11 / 12 May 1957, on the page Les nouvelles de l'Île de France
- See the Journal Officiel of 12 August 1983, declaration 83/4158 at the Préfecture de Police de Paris
- See the Journal Officiel de Boulogne-Billancourt, deliberations of the town council on 12 December 2002
- See the SUPAERO 2008 yearbook page 29
- catalogue of the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, search for author name Desthuilliers, Jean-Pierre
- See review of the ACILECE number 65-page 33
- website of Tardivo
- Read Le cristal opaque
- See the Review of the ACILECE number 81 pages 32 and 33
- See La République de Seine et Marne, No. 5789, Monday 9 July 1978, page 6, review by M.C. Courcelle
- See L'arbre parole
- ISBN 2-900742-42-0 ISBN 978-2-900742-42-6 and Catalogue of the Bibliothèque Nationale de France Archived 30 October 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- See issues 76-page 11, 84-page 12, 93-page 12 and 99-page 18
- See a review of number 63
- See the complete collection
- These anthologies are available at the publishers, except the first one, which may be consulted at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
- Available on the site of éditions l'Harmattan
- PLASTIR review, no. 15 Archived 7 March 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- See the Bibliographie Nationale Française, cumulatif 2007, index 801, page 1
- Revue d'Informations Municipales de Deuil-la-Barre, No. 91, 4th trimester 1983 page 13