|Born||25 February 1953|
|Died||13 November 2020(aged 67)|
Jean Morzadec (25 February 1953 – 13 November 2020) was a French singer-songwriter, writer, and journalist. In 2005, he began running the website "Le Choix de Librairies" in partnership with 20 minutes, France Info, France Culture, Lire, FIP, and France 5.
Morzadec lived in England, Guatemala, and Greece, surviving off of small jobs. He joined France Inter in 1975 as a director and producer, alongside Claude Sérillon, Marcel Jullian, Jacques Chancel, Stéphane Bern, and others. In 1998, he became director of 98 Radio France, which covered the 1998 FIFA World Cup, following his appointment by Michel Boyon, President of Radio France. In 1999, he was appointed director of programming for France Inter by Jean-Marie Cavada and Jean-Luc Hees. During his tenure, an increased focus on musical programming was undertaken by the radio station.
In 2006, Morzadec created the website www.lechoixdeslibraires.com, in partnership with France Inter and Le Monde. He also created the Agence audiovisuelle du livre, which created written cultural content, as well as audio and video related to the publication and selling of books. In 2011, he created an app for iOS and Android from his website, in partnership with Orange S.A..
In 2013, filmmaker Olek Yaromova encouraged Morzadec to sing his songs at the Théâtre de Nesle in Paris. The show, titled "Le Fleuve tendre", was filmed by Yaromova and accompanied by pianist Alceo Passeo and cellist Chloé Boyaud. On YouTube, Morzadec would pay tribute to his supporters and those who encouraged him to sing. On 17 March 2015, he sang and recorded a concert with the Alliance française for a CD album.
Jean Morzadec died on 13 November 2020 at the age of 67.
- Lettres à mon libraire (2009)
- Les écrivains préférés des libraires (2011)
- Le Fleuve Tendre (2014)
- "Jean Morzadec, créateur du "Choix des libraires", est mort". Livres Hebdo (in French). 16 November 2020.
- "Questions à Jean Morzadec, Directeur fondateur du choixdeslibraires.com". presseedition.fr (in French). 4 December 2008.
- "Nouvelles promotions à France Inter". Libération (in French). 24 February 1999.
- ""Une merveilleuse surprise"". L'Obs (in French). 14 April 2000.
- "Le choix des libraires". Journalisme et Citoyenneté (in French). Archived from the original on 3 May 2008.
- "L'Agence audiovisuelle du Livre". Le choix des bibliothecaires (in French). Archived from the original on 23 September 2009.
- "Le fleuve tendre". Théâtre de Nesle (in French).
- "La découverte Morzadec". Le Parisien (in French). 15 June 2013.
- Jean Morzadec, LE FLEUVE TENDRE (YouTube) (in French). Yves Prince. 17 February 2015. Event occurs at 10:18.
- "Tony Abdo et Jean Morzadec fêtent la langue française le 17 mars 2015 à 20h30 au Théâtre de l'Alliance française". Alliance française (in French). Archived from the original on 3 October 2016.
- Jean Morzadec, créateur du "Choix des libraires", est mort (in French) (subscription required). Livres Hebdo. Retrieved 10 December 2020.
- "Les libraires, fabricants de succès". Le Figaro (in French). 23 March 2011.