Jeanette Lindström in Minden in May 2010.
Jeanette Lindström made her recording debut on Caprice Records with Another Country in 1995, the year she was awarded the "Jazz in Sweden" prize. Two more albums followed on the same label. In 2003 she began a collaboration with the Amigo Musik/Bonnier Amigo Music Group with the album Walk. Walk and its sequel, In the Middle of This Riddle, were warmly received by both audiences and critics in Sweden and abroad.
Jeanette focuses on her band and on composing, but she has also performed and recorded with, among others, pianist/composer Steve Dobrogosz, and the group ONCE with bassist/composer Anders Jormin. Through the years she has also appeared as guest soloist in smaller jazz bands and big bands, and with chamber and symphony orchestras. She has toured around the world – in recent years mainly in France – along with her performances in Sweden.
Composing her own music has always been an important part of Jeanette's career. On the album Whistling Away the Dark, however, she recorded jazz classics together with Palle Danielsson, Bobo Stenson, Jonas Östholm och Magnus Öström – a side project apart from her ordinary band.
In 2007 the song Leaf, from In the Middle of This Riddle, was remixed by King Britt (DJ and producer from Philadelphia), and a track from the album was chosen for the highly respected compilation series Saint-Germain-des-Prés Café (Volume 7) alongside tracks by Norah Jones, Beady Belle, Jamie Cullum, Susi Hyldgaard, and others.
Jeanette Lindström's latest album, Attitude & Orbit Control, was released in October 2009, and received a Swedish Grammis at the awards ceremony in January 2010.
- Attitude & Orbit Control, 2009 Playground
- Leaf – The King Britt Scuba Remixes, (EP) 2007 Amigo
- Whistling Away the Dark, 2006 Amigo
- In the Middle of This Riddle, 2005 Amigo
- Walk, 2003 Amigo
- Feathers (duo with Steve Dobrogosz), 2000 Prophone Records
- Sinatra/Weill (Norrb. Big Band & Kammarork., Kenny Werner, Tim Hagans), 1999 Caprice Records
- I Saw You, 1997 Caprice Records
- ONCE (with Anders Jormin), 1997 Dragon Records
- Another Country, 1995 Caprice Records
- Joe Montague, Jazz Review.com, 2007, http://www.jazzreview.com/article/review-5665.html,
- John Kelman, all about jazz, 2005-12-30, http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=20223,
- Dan Backman, Svenska Dagbladet, 2005-05-13, http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/musik/artikel_30890.svd,
- Tor Hammerø, Puls, 2005-05-06, http://www.puls.no/13375.html,
- Stefan Herdell, LT, 2005-05-06, http://www.ltz.se/artikel_standard.php?id=232982&avdelning_1=124&avdelning_2=149
- Ulf Gustavsson, Upsala Nya Tidning, 2003-02-19, Nöje page A11
- Alex Dutilh, Jazzman - le journal de tous les jazz, 2003/05 nr 91, page 48
- Randy McElligott, Jazz Review.com, 2003, http://www.jazzreview.com/cdreview.cfm?ID=5221,