|Residence||New York City|
|Occupation||public health advocate, fitness advisor, CEO|
Jeff Halevy is an American author, public health advocate, and fitness contributor to various media outlets. He owns and serves as CEO of the New York City-based gym Halevy Life. He is the host of internationally syndicated TV program Workout From Within with Jeff Halevy. In 2011, Halevy joined Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign, and launched a pilot run of his Our Power program in Newark, NJ.
Fitness and career
Halevy joined NBC's The TODAY Show as its Fitness Contributor in January 2014. His initial series on The TODAY Show was "Six Months to a Six Pack," which he co-contributed to with nutritionist Joy Bauer.
In 2011, Newark, New Jersey Mayor Cory Booker invited Halevy to become involved in the Newark branch of Michelle Obama's national initiative against childhood obesity, Let's Move!, which Booker had established the previous year. Halevy developed an exercise program for Newark public school students based around the MYTRAK Success Coach, a wearable device about the size of a credit card that tracks physical exertion. The program is called Our Power and began with a four-month challenge among five Newark high schools, with the winning school being the one recording the most minutes of physical activity by participating students.
- Z Living. "Workout From Within with Jeff Halevy on Z Living".
- wreg. "Richard Ransom Takes On The CrossFit Craze".
- prlog. "Jeff Halevy Joins Michelle Obama's Let's Move Campaign Launching Lets Move! Newark: Our Power". Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- FirstPost. "Jeff Halevy Behind The Scenes at Let's Move Newark Our Power Launch with Cory Booker, Tiki Barber".
- today. "Fitness trainer Jeff Halevy's secrets to a six pack and healthier living".
- imdb. "Jeff Halevy". IMDB.
- Nyc. "Why is Halevy Life NYC's Best Personal Training Gym?". Archived from the original on 2013-10-17.
- NyPost. "New $lap at Lizzie".
- US News. "U.S. News & World Report".
- AskMen. "AskMent".
- Let's Move! Newark, Our Power Motivates Students To Get Fit, retrieved 2 Feb 2013.
- MYTRAK Health Systems Inc, Success Coach, retrieved 2 Feb 2013.]