|Key people||Dan Abrams, Founder/Publisher|
Aidan McLaughlin, Managing Editor
Josh Feldman, Senior Editor
Joe DePaolo, Senior Editor
The website focuses on politics and the media. The New York Times has described the site as "a blog that chronicles the gossipy media world" and The Washington Post describes it as focusing on "the intersection of media and politics".
For the month of January 2017, Mediaite reached 11.86 million unique visitors, which Abrams credited to the presidency of Donald Trump's relationship with the news media.
In June 2019, Mediaite, along with sister site Law & Crime, left-leaning Raw Story and AlterNet, and conservative sites The Daily Caller and Washington Free Beacon, formed a coalition of political news sites to offer marketers advertising packages aimed at readers interested in politics. The Alliance aims to attract ad revenue toward "midsized political publishers" as opposed to larger technology companies, such as Facebook and Google.
- "MediaiTe.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Howard Polskin, How the Washington Examiner became a traffic monster, Columbia Journalism Review (May 15, 2020).
- Lionel Beehner, Social Networking Butterfly, The New York Times (July 15, 2010).
- Jeremy Barr, There's been a big gray area when it comes to cable news contributors dabbling in political campaigns, The Washington Post (August 8, 2020).
- Liz Cox Barrett, Mediaite Launches (Loads...), Columbia Journalism Review (July 6, 2009).
- "Mediaite Founder Dan Abrams Credits Trump With Traffic 'Explosion'". TheWrap. February 15, 2017. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- Perks, Ashley (February 22, 2017). "Joe Concha". The Hill. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Tina Nguyen". Vanity Fair. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- Alpert, Lukas I. (June 20, 2019). "Political-News Sites Forge Ad Group to Compete With Facebook and Google". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
- "Mediaite's 25 Most Influential in Political News Media 2015". Mediaite. December 29, 2015. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Mediaite's 2016 Most Influential in News Media". Mediaite. December 7, 2016. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Most Influential In News Media 2017". Mediaite. December 20, 2017. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Mediaite's Most Influential in News Media 2018". Mediaite. December 6, 2018. Retrieved May 13, 2019.