Jennifer Natalya Fink
Jennifer Natalya Fink
Jennifer Natalya Fink (born Washington, D.C.) is an American author working in experimental feminist and queer fiction. She is best known for her novels Burn, V, and The Mikvah Queen, which was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in 2010. Her novel, Bhopal Dance (2018), won the FC2 Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Prize in 2017.
She is also the founder and director of The Gorilla Press, a non-profit organization that promotes children’s literacy through bookmaking workshops.
- FC2's Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Prize, Winner for Bhopal Dance, 2017
- Billy Heekin Arts Award, Winner for Out on Fire, Stonewall Foundation, 2002
- Dana Award, Winner for The Mikvah Queen, 1997.
- Georgetown Review Fiction Award, Winner for “World Records,” 1996
- Writer’s Digest Fiction Award, Second Place Winner for “Vertebrae,” 1996
- Story Magazine Naked Fiction Contest, Second Place Winner for “Spit Bugs,” 1996
- Story Magazine Short Short Fiction Contest, Second Place Winner for “Slipping,” 1996
- The Clarissa Dalloway Fiction Prize, A Room of Her Own Foundation, Finalist for Bhopal Dance, 2015
- The FC2 Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Prize, Finalist for Bhopal Dance, 2015
- The FC2 Ronald Sukenick Innovative Fiction Prize, Finalist for Bhopal Dance, 2015
- The Willow Books Literature Award, Shortlisted for Bhopal Dance, 2015
- The Pen/Faulkner Award, Nomination for Thirteen Fugues, 2011
- The Pulitzer Prize, Nomination for The Mikvah Queen, 2010
- Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, Semi-finalist for The Mikvah Queen, 2010
- Glimmer Train Short Fiction Award, Finalist for “Fabrications,” 2007
- The National Book Award, Nominated for V, 2006
- The National Jewish Book Award, Nominated for V, 2006
- The National Jewish Book Award, Nominated for Burn, 2003
- two girls review Experimental Novel Award, Finalist for manuscript of Thirteen Fugues, 1998
- Burn. Suspect Thoughts Press. 2004. ISBN 978-0-9710846-8-1.
- V. She Devil Press. 2007. ISBN 978-0-9771582-9-4.
- The Mikvah Queen. Rebel Satori Press. 2010. ISBN 978-1-60864-031-7.
- Thirteen Fugues. Dark Coast Press. 2011. ISBN 978-0-98442-881-6.
- Bhopal Dance. FC2/University of Alabama Press. 2018. ISBN 978-1-57366-064-8.
- Performing Poetry, Refashioning Femininity: Anne Sexton's Acoustic Performances. New York University, Graduate School of Arts and Science. 1997.
- May Joseph; Jennifer Fink, eds. (1999). Performing hybridity. University of Minnesota Press. ISBN 978-0-8166-3010-3.
- Annie Wagner, Commie Pinko Menopause: A Novel of Red Licorice and Robot Love, The Stranger, Feb 12, 2004
- "Jennifer Natalya Fink Wins Fc2 Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Prize". english.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- rubenbristian.com (2014-04-29). "Jennifer Natalya Fink". 225 Faces Project | The Hoya. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "Georgetown University Faculty Directory".
- "Jennifer Fink".
- "Bhopal Dance: The 2017 Novel With Political Lessons from a 1984 Catastrophe". Lilith Magazine. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- "a book review by Elayne Clift: Bhopal Dance: A Novel". www.nyjournalofbooks.com. Retrieved 2018-04-10.