November 17, 1971 |
|Known for||Plastic surgery, authorship, media commentator|
Jennifer Lee Walden is an American plastic surgeon, media commentator, academic, and founder of Jennifer L. Walden, M.D., PLLC and Walden Cosmetic Surgery Center, PLLC, a private plastic surgery practice and ambulatory surgery center based in Austin, Texas with a satellite office in Marble Falls, Texas. She is known as one of the first doctors to use laser machines to do a "a high volume of labiaplasties and vaginoplasties." Walden was listed as one of Harper’s Bazaar’s 24 Best Beauty Surgeons in 2014.
She began her career in Manhattan at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, and was mentored by Dr. Sherrell Aston. Walden has been an expert commentator on plastic surgery by ABC News, Fox News, VH1, E!, and Dr 90210. She is also a member of Modern Aesthetics’ and Plastic Surgery Practice’s Editorial Board of Directors and one of the few women to be elected to serve on the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Board of Directors. She co-authored the textbook Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Walden was born in Austin, Texas, the daughter of a dentist father and surgical nurse mother. She graduated from Anderson High School and obtained her undergraduate degree in Biology at the University of Texas. She then received her MD from the University of Texas Medical Branch. Although originally waitlisted at the university,, graduating as salutatorian of her class.
Following her residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Walden obtained a fellowship in aesthetic surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital. She stayed on at the hospital following the end of her fellowship, and worked on New York City’s Upper East Side for seven and a half years. During her tenure in New York, she participated in clinical trials that led to the reintroduction of silicone breast implants.
Walden returned to her native Austin, Texas in December 2011 following the birth of her twin sons and opened up a private practice in Westlake Hills. She opened a satellite office in Marble Falls, Texas in 2014. She was also recognized as one of "The Best Plastic Surgeons in America" by American Way.
Walden is known for using Vectra, a 3-D imaging technology that visualizes a patient's look before surgery, and ThermiVa, a temperature-controlled, radio-frequency system for vaginal tightening and rejuvenation. Walden has also developed instruments for breast surgery, which are carried by the Accurate Scientific and Surgical Instruments (ASSI).
Walden serves as consultant for aesthetic companies including ThermiAesthetics, Venus Concept, Ideal Implant and Sciton Inc.
Walden, Jennifer L.; Aston, Sherrell J, and Steinbrech, Douglas S., Editor and Co-Author, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Textbook;, Elsevier Limited, London, England; May 2009.
Walden, Jennifer L., Freund, Robert M., and Aston, Sherrell J. Blefaroplastia. Ritidoplastia. Claudio Cardoso De Castro, Editor. Medsi Editora Medica e Cientifica Ltda, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Di Livros Editora Ltda, 2007.
Walden, Jennifer L., Aston, Sherrell J. Rhytidectomy. Plastic Surgery Secrets, 2nd Edition. Jeffrey Weinzweig, MD, Editor.. Elsevier Publishing, Philadelphia, PA, 2009.
Walden, Jennifer L, Panagapoulous, G., Shrader SW. Contemporary decision making and perception in patients undergoing cosmetic breast augmentation. 'Aesthetic Surgery Journal,. 2010 May-Jun;30(3):395-403.
Walden, Jennifer L., Amazia with Midface Anomaly; Discussion. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery , June 2007; 31: 395-396.
Walden, Jennifer L., Orseck, Michael J., and Aston, Sherrell J. Current Methods for Brow Fixation: Are They Safe?; Journal of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Sept./Oct. 2006; Vol. 30(5).
Walden, Jennifer L., Brown, C. Coleman, Klapper, Andrew J, Chia, Christopher T., and Aston, Sherrell J. An Anatomic Comparison of Transpalpebral, Endoscopic, and Coronal Approaches to Demonstrate Exposure and Extent of Brow Depressor Muscle Resection. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgury, 2005. 116(5): 1479-1487.
Walden, Jennifer L., Schmid, Robert P., and Blackwell, Steven J., Cross-Chest Lipoplasty and Surgical Excision for Gynecomastia: A Ten Year Experience with our Technique; Aesthetic Surgery Journal, May/June 2004: 216-223.
Walden, J, MD, Garcia, H, Crouchet, JR, Traber, LD, and Gore, DC, MD. Both Dermal Matrix and Epidermis Contribute to an Inhibition of Wound Contraction. Annals of Plastic Surgery 2000: 45: 162-166. Presented at the 31st Annual American Burn Association Meeting, Orlando, FL, March 1999
Walden has twin sons. 
- Jody Joseph Marmel (22 July 2017). "Dr. Jennifer Walden-Empowering Women on Personal and Professional Levels". MD Monthly (Magazine). Texas MD Monthly (published July 2017).
- Leslie L. Hancock (May 19, 2014). "An Austin Girl Comes Home". Austin MD. Archived from the original on November 16, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "HCM Welcomes Top Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon to Marble Falls". Mason County News. May 28, 2014. Archived from the original on December 14, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Harnish, Amelia (7 June 2017). "The "Vagina Whisperer" Will See You Now". Refinery 29.
- Alexandra Parnass (April 4, 2014). "The Best Beauty Surgeons". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Sandra Zaragoza (January 27, 2012). "NY plastic surgeon lands here". Austin Business Journal. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Cole Sasha (June 14, 2008). "Can a 'Star' Be Addicted to Reality TV?". ABC News. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Colleen Cappon (July 15, 2010). "Woman Could Lose 'World's Largest Breasts' to Infection". Fox News. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "Medical Rewind". Fox News. April 28, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "Plastic Surgery Practice Announces New Editorial Advisory Board". Plastic Surgery Practice. January 2, 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Hollandsworth, Skip (June 2012). "Jennifer Walden, Plastic Surgeon". Texas Monthly. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- B. Kay Richter (May 25, 2016). "Dr. Jennifer Walden is Austin's Wonder Woman". MD Monthly. Retrieved August 24, 2016.
- "Local plastic surgeon excels at balancing work with family, nonprofit causes". Westlake Picayune. January 12, 2013. Archived from the original on November 3, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Lopez, Danielle (12 November 2014). "Leading Ladies: UT alumna owns cosmetic surgery private practice". The Daily Texan. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Profile: HealthWatch; Silicone breast implants back on the market". CBS News: The Early Show. November 20, 2006.
- Gabrielle Birkner (November 28, 2006). "Doctors Re-Examine Breast Implants". The New York Sun.
- Elizabeth Robinson (May 9, 2013). "Austin Plastic Surgery". Community Impact. Archived from the original on November 29, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- B. Kay Richter (25 May 2016). "Dr. Jennifer Walden Is Austin's Wonder Woman". MD Monthly. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Denise Mann (May 1, 2012). "What a Girl Wants". Plastic Surgery Practice. Retrieved November 13, 2014.