11 March 1965 |
|Education||Saint Martin's School of Art|
She is the sister of the naturalist Chris Packham. She currently lives in Hampstead, London with her partner Matthew Anderson, who is CEO of the company and their two daughters Isabella Packham Anderson and Georgia Packham Anderson.
Jenny Packham studied Fashion at Southampton Solent University before graduating with a First Class Honours degree from Saint Martin's School of Art. In November 2008, she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate degree from Southampton Solent University, in her home city of Southampton.
The Jenny Packham brand was founded in 1988 launching with an evening ready-to-wear collection. and the designer later introduced a bridal collection in 1997. In 2008 it launched a collection of bridal accessories with lingerie and ready-to-wear accessory collections following in 2011. The brand celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2013 with a series of International events including a day of retrospective catwalk shows at the V&A Museum, London.
Jenny Packham has stores and showrooms in London, New York, Paris and Hong Kong and is stocked by Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman.
The brand has presented its bridal and ready-to-wear collections in London and Milan but since September 2010 has continued to show its collection in New York with celebrities such as Christina Hendricks, Louise Roe, Lauren Conrad, Whitney Port, Anna Kendrick, Emma Roberts and Dita Von Teese in attendance.[not in citation given][not in citation given]
The designer is known for dressing The Duchess of Cambridge, who wore a gown by Packham to the ARK Gala in 2011. The Duchess has continued to wear the designer since to many official engagements and most notably on both occasions when she left St. Mary's Hospital after giving birth to her children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
Jenny Packham's other high profile clients include Angelina Jolie, Taylor Swift, Blake Lively, Elle Fanning, Dita Von Teese, Uma Thurman, Miley Cyrus, Kate Hudson, Florence Welch, Jennifer Aniston, Eva Longoria, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Nina Dobrev, Jennifer Lopez, Vanessa Hudgens, Oprah Winfrey, Emily Blunt, Charlize Theron, Adele Adkins and Kim Sears.
Work in TV and Film
The designer worked with Academy Award nominated Patricia Field, regularly dressing Kim Catrall in Sex and the City series and the movie. Field also styled Jenny Packham's A/W 2007 collection in Milan. Packham's dresses have also been used in the episodes "Goodbye, Columbia", "The Jewel of Denial" and "Gone Maybe Gone" of Gossip Girl.
- http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/20k09/05/23/kate-humble-on-life-and-death-in-springwatch-115875-21383681/ Daily Mirror
- Bibby Sowray (22 July 2013). Jenny Packham on 25 years of dressing the stars. The Telegraph. Accessed August 2013.
- . Jenny Packham http://www.jennypackham.com/. Retrieved 19 May 2014. Missing or empty
- http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5h75nVVWAjy7GzH-LCRF_m-VFOdrA/ New York fashion week
- Jenny Packham – Fall 2011 New York Fashion Week Review
- Vanessa Friedman (21 October 2015). "The Duchess of Cambridge and Sartorial Diplomacy". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- Jenny Packham at New York Fashion Week (Vogue.com UK)
- Hirschmiller, Stephanie (14 June 2012). "Angelina Jolie's infatuation with Kate Middleton continues as she invites the Duchess to Olympics party". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 14 June In 2013 Jenny Packham designed a bespoke gown for British Oscar Winning singer and song writer Adele Adkins to the 85th Academy Awards.2012. Check date values in:
- Jenny Packham's dresses don't stay on very long (Vogue.com UK)
- Life is looking "wonderful" for this glamorous duo (Vogue.com UK)
- Petreycik, Caitlin (October 11, 2011). "Jenny Packham’s Gossip Girl Moment". InStyle. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- Walano, Rose (September 18, 2012). "Blake Lively to Wear Similar Kate Middleton Dress on Gossip Girl Premiere". InStyle. Retrieved October 11, 2012.