|Categories||Celebrity, human interest, news|
|First issue||June 1994|
|Based in||New York City|
Along with advertising, the magazine offers articles about content such as beauty, fashion, home, entertaining, philanthropy and celebrity lifestyles. The current editor-in-chief is Laura Brown, and the publisher is Laura Frerer-Schmidt.
After originating in the United States, InStyle has expanded their brand and, as of 2012, distributes internationally to over 16 countries including Germany, Brazil, Greece, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, South Africa, Romania, and Russia. In May 2017, InStyle China was launched as part of a partnership with an existing weekly magazine, which featured Victoria Beckham on its inaugural cover. In 2018, the UK edition shifted from paper to digital version, and the Polish edition was cancelled after 10 years of publication.
In 2018, InStyle became the first major fashion magazine to ban photography of and advertisements featuring fur. Through the ban on having fur, gives Instyle a more open opportunity to wear with brands that exclude the use of fur.
In mid-July 2020, InStyle's Australian edition's publisher Bauer Media Australia and New Zealand, which had been acquired by the Sydney–based Mercury Capital, axed the magazine, citing declining advertising revenue and travel restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2016, Laura Brown, a former executive editor of Harper's Bazaar, was announced as the new Editor-in-Chief, taking over for Ariel Foxman, who had been managing editor for eight years. Brown's first issue was December 2016. This issue had Reese Witherspoon on their front cover. Brian Anstey is also a creative director at InStyle since 2018. 
- "Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. Archived from the original on January 23, 2017. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Rose, Matthew (June 7, 2000). "'Real Simple' Magazine was Anything but for Time Inc". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "InStyle Magazine". Magazine Agent. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Simona Patruleasa, InStyle Romania, July 2012". Magxone.com. July 23, 2012. Archived from the original on March 11, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "InStyle expands to China". Womne's Wear Daily. May 3, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- "Burda zamyka "InStyle" i skupia się na "Elle", "Glamour" i "Gali"" (in Polish). Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Taylor Harris, "InStyle Bans Fur," FashionWeekDaily.com, April 3, 2018.
- Doyle, Michael (July 21, 2020). "InStyle, Elle, Women's Health, Men's Health among Australian magazines axed by Bauer Media". ABC News. Archived from the original on August 11, 2020. Retrieved September 4, 2020.
- Meade, Amanda (July 20, 2020). "Mercury Capital axes eight former Bauer magazines, including Harper's Bazaar, Elle and Men's Health". The Guardian. Archived from the original on August 27, 2020. Retrieved September 4, 2020.
- Steigrad, Alexandra (August 22, 2016). "Harper's Bazaar's Laura Brown Named InStyle Editor in Chief". WWD.com. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
Brown most recently served as Harper's Bazaar's features and special projects and executive director.