Jeremy Parzen (born 1967, Chicago, Illinois, United States) is an American wine writer and educator, blogger, food and wine historian, and musician who resides in Houston, Texas. He is author of the wine and lifestyle blog, Do Bianchi, and was a co-editor, together with Italian wine writer Franco Ziliani, of VinoWire, a blog devoted to news from the world of Italian wine.
Parzen received his doctorate in Italian literature and language at U.C.L.A. in 1997 (with a dissertation on Petrarchan prosody and Renaissance transcriptions of the Rerum vulgarium fragmenta) and lived and worked for many years between Los Angeles and Italy as an instructor of Italian language and musician beginning in 1989, when he launched his academic career. In 1997, he moved to New York City, where he began to work as an editor at La Cucina Italiana and ultimately became its chief wine writer before leaving to pursue an independent career as a wine and food writer.
From 2013 onward, he has worked as a freelance writer and marketing consultant in the wine industry. His byline has appeared in numerous publications, including Wine & Spirits and Decanter, and he is the author of a number of university-press translations, including The Art of Cooking (University of California Press, 2005) by 15th-century chef Maestro Martino of Como and The History of Italian Cinema (Princeton, 2009), by Gian Piero Brunetta.
- Asimov, Eric (October 18, 2007). "When Italy Brought Home a Taste of France". New York Times. Retrieved November 7, 2009.
- Gold, Amanda (March 7, 2008). "The Sipping News: Italian wine online". San Francisco Chronicle. Hearst Communications Inc. Retrieved 2009-11-16.
- Giuliani, Alfredo. "Results for 'jeremy parzen'". Worldcat.org. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "The Art of Cooking, With Fifty Modernized Recipes by Stefania Barzini - The Eminent Maestro Martino of Como - University of California Press". Rex.ucpress.edu. Retrieved 2013-04-01.[permanent dead link]
- "Brunetta, G.; Parzen, J.,: The History of Italian Cinema: A Guide to Italian Film from Its Origins to the Twenty-First Century". Press.princeton.edu. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "saignee.wordpress". Retrieved November 8, 2009.
- "Songwriter/Composer: PARZEN JEREMY IRA". BMI. Retrieved November 8, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Je suis un rock star". vinonyc. Retrieved November 8, 2009.