|Date of birth||13 January 1975|
|Place of birth||Douala, Cameroon|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|1998–2000||FC Chernomorets Novorossiysk||39||(0)|
|2000–2003||FC Spartak Moscow||44||(0)|
|2003||FC Chernomorets Novorossiysk||26||(0)|
|2007||FC Terek Grozny||38||(0)|
|2008||FC Vityaz Podolsk||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Jerry-Christian Tchuissé (born 13 January 1975) is a Cameroonian former professional footballer who played as a fullback. He played club football in Russia for Chernomorets Novorossiysk, Spartak Moscow, FC Moscow, FC Terek Grozny and FC Vityaz Podolsk.
In 1997, after playing some amateur football in Cameroon, Tchuisse moved to Russia. After unsuccessfully trying to get into a university in Krasnodar, Tchuisse was spotted by the coach of an amateur side "Neftyannik", from the nearby Goryachy Klyuch, while playing football with his friends. Less than half a year later, his impressive displays for the Krasnodar Krai team, at an exhibition event, earned him his first professional contract and a move to the Russian Top Division (as it was known at the time) side Chernomorets Novorossiysk.
With Spartak, the Cameroonian won two domestic league titles. In 2000, Tchuisse made his European debut in the UEFA Champions League. Tense relations with his teammates, however, forced the player to look for a move away. Tchuisse was linked with a possible move to RC Lens, but no deal ever materialized and the player, eventually, returned to Chernomorets Novorossiysk. After the club's relegation to the Russian First Division, Tchuisse received an offer from the newly formed ambitious FC Moscow.
During his three-year spell at the Moscow club, Tchuisse scored his first professional goal. His two goals for FC Moscow still remain his only goals scored for a professional club.
International career and trophies
Tchuissé obtained Russian citizenship in 2000 after meeting with Vladimir Putin and was a candidate to play for the Russia national team. He even participated in team training. However, he has not played for Russia and debuted for Cameroon on 6 May 2001.
He won during his career two championship of Russia (2000,2001) and a cup of Russia 2003.
- "Жерри-Кристиан Тчуйсе: Электрик из меня так и не вышел". Soviet Sports. Retrieved 20 May 2008.[permanent dead link]
- Дудь, Юрий (27 September 2010). Жерри-Кристиан Тчуйссе: "Я до сих пор не могу поверить, что играл за "Спартак" (in Russian). Sports.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- An American will play for Russia national team Archived 27 August 2005 at the Wayback Machine., BBC, 19 July 2005. (in Russian)
- An African will debut for Russia for the first time, ROL, 12 February 2001. (in Russian)
- Tchuisse has played for Cameroon[permanent dead link], Sport-Express, 8 May 2001. (in Russian)