Having graduated from the Jagiellonian University in 1947 with Master's degree in Law, he additionally finished post-Master's degree studies in Philosophy. After having his doctorate conferred in 1949, he transferred to the University of Łódź in 1951, where he was appointed the Head of the Chair of the Theory of State and Law. He achieved Habilitation in 1970.
He remained, till his death, a member of the academic staff at the University of Łódź, where he performed a number of functions: Pro-Dean of the Faculty of Law (1953-1955, and 1958-1962), Dean of the Faculty of Law (1955-1956, and 1962-1964), Pro-Rector of the University between 1965 and 1968, and Rector of the University of Łódź between 1981 and 1984.
The following list contains English editions of J. Wróblewski's books and separately published works:
- Between legalism and finalism. Duncker und Humblot, 1984
- Cognition of norms and cognition through norms. Università degli Studi di Trento. Dipartimento di Teoria, Storia e Ricerca Sociale, 1983
- Fuzziness of legal system. Finnish Lawyers' Society, 1983
- Law and philosophy. Springer-Verlag, 1977
- Law-making and hierarchies of values. Duncker & Humblot, 1987
- Legal reasonings in legal interpretation. Centre National Belge de Recherches de Logique, 1969
- Morality of progress : social philosophy of Leo Petrażycki. Franz Steiner Verlag, 1982.
- Presuppositions of legal reasoning. D. Reidel Publishing Company, cop. 1985
- Problems of ontological complexity of law. Universidad del Pais Vasco : Centro de Análisis, Lógiċa e Informática Iuridica, 1986
- State and law in marxist theory of state and law. Wayne State University Law School, 1976
- The rational law-maker : general theory and socialist experience. Edizioni Scientifiche Italiane, 1987
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jerzy Wróblewski.|
- http://www.ktfp.eu/katedra/jerzy-wroblewski/prof-jerzy-wroblewski-english-version/ | Biography by Prof. M. Zirk
- https://elibrary.lib.uni.lodz.pl/ | UL Library catalog
|This article about an Polish lawyer, judge or jurist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|