|Relatives||Teagan Croft (niece)|
Penny McNamee (sister)
Jessica McNamee (born 16 June 1986) is an Australian actress. She rose to fame in Australia playing roles in the Seven Network television programs Home and Away and Packed to the Rafters. From 2014 to 2015, she starred as patrol officer Theresa Kelly in the USA Network series Sirens. Her film roles include The Vow (2012) and Chips (2017). In 2017, she portrayed tennis player Margaret Court in Battle of the Sexes.
The role of Sammy in Packed to the Rafters left McNamee keen to lose the "good girl" image the role created. In the series production breaks, she decided to take on different roles. She starred in the horror film The Loved Ones; which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2009. In mid-2010, she made the short film 50-50.
McNamee went on to secure a role in the 2012 film The Vow. She filmed the project in Toronto alongside Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. She described working on the film as a "surreal experience". In 2013, she returned to Packed to the Rafters for the final season as a special guest star.
From 2014 to 2015, McNamee starred in the USA Network TV series Sirens. She played the role of Theresa Kelly, a Chicago police officer, and was a main character in the show.
McNamee was born in Sydney.
In April 2019, she married Patrick Caruso, a property developer.
|2007||Home and Away||Lisa Duffy||Guest role|
|2008–2010, 2013||Packed to the Rafters||Sammy Rafter||Regular role 2008–10, Guest 2013; 55 episodes|
|2010||The Loved Ones||Mia|
|50-50||Nelly Cameron||Short film|
|2012||The Vow||Gwen Thornton|
|2013||White Collar||Penny Chase||Guest role|
|2014||The Time of Our Lives||Lisa Montego||4 episodes|
|2014–2015||Sirens||Theresa Kelly||Main role|
|2017||Battle of the Sexes||Margaret Court|
|2019||Into the Dark||Rachel Adams||Episode:"I'm Just F*cking with You"|
|2020||Black Water: Abyss||Jennifer|
|2021||Mortal Kombat||Sonya Blade||Main role|
In February 2010, McNamee became an ambassador for The Fred Hollows Foundation; the foundation focuses on treating and preventing blindness and other vision problems. McNamee represents The Foundation's 'Miracle Club', encouraging supporters to make monthly contributions that will restore sight to people in countries where The Foundation works.
- "Jessica McNamee". tvnz.co.nz. (TVNZ). Retrieved 20 January 2012.[dead link]
- Duck, Siobhan (30 June 2010). "Jessica McNamee to smash her Packed to the Rafters' good-girl image". The Daily Telegraph. (News Limited). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Paatsch, Leigh (4 November 2010). "The Loved Ones movie review". Herald Sun. Australia. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Lacey, Liam (20 September 2009). "Precious looks golden after People's Choice win". Globe and Mail. Canada: (Globe Life Network). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Rafters star makes a family vow". The Herald and Weekly Times. Australia. 2 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2012.[dead link]
- "Most Popular Movies and TV Shows With Jessica McNamee". IMDb. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (26 August 2019). "Lewis Tan, Jessica McNamee and Josh Lawson Join 'Mortal Kombat' At New Line". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- Lal, Lal (30 April 2019). "SURPRISE: Packed to the Rafters' star just got married". who.com.au. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Actress supports blindness project". vietnamnews.vn. 15 November 2009. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- "Actress Jessica McNamee joins the Fred Hollows Foundation". The Fred Hollows Foundation. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2020.