|Directed by||Hemant Dhome|
|Written by||Irawati Karnik|
|Produced by||Kshitee Jog|
|Edited by||Faisal Mahadik |
Crazy Few Films
|Box office||est. ₹14.07 crore (US$1.9 million)|
Jhimma (Maharashtra's traditional dance form) is an Indian Marathi language drama film directed by Hemant Dhome for Chalchitra Company. The film written by Irawati Karnik has an ensemble cast of Suhas Joshi, Nirmiti Sawant, Sonalee Kulkarni, Siddharth Chandekar, Kshitee Jog, Suchitra Bandekar, Mrinmayee Godbole and Sayali Sanjeev. The story of the film revolves around a group of seven women travelling to London, United Kingdom and discovering themselves. It was released theatrically on 19 November 2021, on box office account it has grossed ₹10.48 crore (US$1.4 million) after 4th week of its release.
7 women from different age groups and different socio-cultural backgrounds come together on a vacation with a tour company to ENGLAND. During the course of this trip these women unfold their journey. This trip turns into an opportunity to mend fences, heal wounds, fall in love with themselves, combat their worst fears and celebrate life.
- Suhas Joshi as Indumati "Indu" Karnik
- Nirmiti Sawant as Nirmala Konde Patil
- Sonalee Kulkarni as Maithili Deshpande
- Siddharth Chandekar as Kabir
- Kshitee Jog as Mita Jahagirdar 
- Suchitra Bandekar as Vaishali Deshpande 
- Sayali Sanjeev as Krutika
- Mrinmayee Godbole as Rama Lele - Shah
- Md. Feroz Hossen
- Masud ibn Abdullah
- Hemant Dhome as Nikhil, Maithili's Fiancee (later husband)
- Tyler Baylis as Steve, Krutika's London-based Boyfriend (later husband)
- Poonam Saha
- Imran Miah
- Chatrali Gupte as Meghna, Mita's sister
- Maithili Patwardhan as Chingu, Mita's daughter
- Special appearance
- Anant Jog as Saheb, Nirmala's husband
Principal photography of the film began on 9 July 2019. The London schedule of filming was wrapped in the end of July 2019. The dubbing of the film started on 24 June 2020. The release of the film was held up due to COVID-19 pandemic. In November 2020, the director Hemant Dhome, announced that the film will be released in theatres only.
The film was scheduled to be theatrically released on 23 April 2021, but due to surge in COVID-19 pandemic the release is postponed. It is then released theatrically on 19 November 2021. The satellite rights of the film were sold to Star Pravah and the film was made available on VOD on Amazon Prime Video
Mihir Bhanage of Times of India rated the film with 4 stars out of 5 and praised the performance of ensemble, writing, "Each one delivers beautiful performances, but it is Suhas Joshi and Nirmitee Sawant who steal the show." Ending his review Bhanage stated, "You have one life and you should live it to the fullest. This is the point Jhimma drives home beautifully, making it a must-watch for everyone, especially amid the pandemic."
Jhimma collected ₹4.71 crore in first ten days of its opening.
Jhimma completed 50 days in cinemas with many records and the film has collected ₹14.07 crore.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||3 November 2021|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Jhimma Title Song"||Vaishali Samant, Mugdha Karhade, Aarti Kelkar, Suhas Joshi||2:50|
|2.||"Maze Gaon"||Apeksha Dandekar||3:39|
- Taran Adarsh (17 December 2021). "Despite stiff competition from #Hindi + #Hollywood films, #Marathi film #Jhimma continues to spell magic at the #BO... The week-wise performance is simply superb... Week 1: ₹ 2.98 cr, Week 2: ₹ 2.85 cr, Week 3: ₹ 2.61 cr, Week 4: ₹ 2.04 cr, Total: ₹ 10.48 cr". Twitter. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- "Jhimma : चला खेळूया 'झिम्मा' म्हणत क्षिती जोग झळकणार नव्या भूमिकेत" [Jhimma: Let's play Kshitij Jog in a new role saying 'Jhimma']. TV9 Marathi (in Marathi). 18 March 2021. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Suchitra Bandekar kick-starts dubbing for Hemant Dhome's 'Jhimma' - Times of India". The Times of India. 24 June 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "'झिम्मा'च्या ट्रेलरपेक्षा सायली संजीवच्या 'त्या' बोल्ड सीनची सोशल मीडियावर चर्चा" [Sayali Sanjeev's 'that' bold scene on social media rather than the trailer of 'Jhimma']. Maharashtra Times (in Marathi). 13 March 2021. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Siddharth and Sonalee unite for Jhimma". The Times of India. 9 July 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- Prerna Prasad Kambli (30 July 2019). "News'Jhimma' Team Wraps Up The Shoot In London". Spotboye. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- Preeti Atulkar (4 November 2020). "Hemant Dhome confirms Jhimma's theatrical release". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Hemant Dhome's multi starrer 'Jhimma' to release on April 23rd". The Times of India. 5 March 2021. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Jhimma". Times of India. 6 March 2021. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Bali, Jhimma and Godavari release dates postponed following stricter COVID guidelines". Times of India. 10 April 2021. Retrieved 23 April 2021.
- "Hemant Dhome's multi-starrer 'Jhimma' to hit the screens on November 19, 2021". Times of India. 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- Mihir Bhanage (19 November 2021). "Jhimma Movie Review: A beautiful story of exploration and bonding". Times of India. Retrieved 28 November 2021.
- "Hemant Dhome's multi-starrer 'Jhimma' collects Rs 4.71 cr at the box office in 10 days". Entertainment Times. 30 November 2021. Retrieved 30 November 2021.
- Correspondent, Our. "Hemant Dhome's Jhimma completes 50 days in theatres". www.cinestaan.com. Retrieved 8 January 2022.
- "Jhimma – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jiosaavn.