Isbell on a Coca-Cola bottle cap from 1966
|No. 60, 61|
July 7, 1940 |
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||243 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Little Cypress (TX)|
|AFL draft:||1962 / Round: 20 / Pick: 159
(By the Houston Oilers)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Joe Bob Isbell (born July 7, 1940) is a former American football offensive guard in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Browns. He played college football at the University of Houston.
Isbell attended Little Cypress High School, before moving on to the University of Houston, where he was a team co-captain as a senior.
Isbell was selected by the Houston Oilers in the twentieth round (159th overall) of the 1962 AFL Draft, but instead chose to sign with the NFL's Dallas Cowboys as a free agent in 1962. On September 11, he was placed on the injured reserve list, but returned in October to play in 9 games.
He was born to Earl Palmer Isbell and Beulah J. Alexander Isbell. He is a 6th Cousin to professional football players and fellow Texans Cecil Isbell, Larry Isbell, and Cody Isbell. His father was a fifth cousin once removed from them.
- "Baltimore Colts Hand Steve Myra His Release". Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "Frost on Reserve". Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "Cowboys Lose Three Starters". Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "Wingate, Smith, Nomina Among Pro Grid Trims". Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- "Burnett Anmd Bellino Among 20 Bengals Picks". Retrieved February 19, 2017.