Joel Edwards (rugby league)
|Edwards playing for the Mount Pritchard Mounties in 2014.|
17 July 1988 |
Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||100 kg (15 st 10 lb)|
|Position||Lock, Second-row, Prop|
|As of 28 September 2015|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Joel Edwards (born 17 July 1988) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Wests Tigers in the National Rugby League. He plays as a lock, second-rower and prop. He previously played for the Newcastle Knights and Canberra Raiders.
In 2008, Edwards played for the Newcastle Knights' NYC team. In 2009, he spent a year back with the Cessnock Goannas before moving on to the Knights' New South Wales Cup team, Central Coast Centurions in 2010.
In Round 15 of the 2010 NRL season, Edwards made his NRL debut for the Knights against the Parramatta Eels. On 9 September 2010, he was named on the interchange bench in the 2010 New South Wales Cup Team of the Year.
After playing 4 games in 2010, Edwards was recalled to the team in Round 4 of the 2011 NRL season and didn't miss a game for the rest of the year. On 13 September, he won the Once-A-Knight Old Boys Gladiator Award at the Knights' end of season awards night.
On 2 August, it was confirmed by Knights CEO Matthew Gidley, that Edwards would quit the club at the end of the season after knocking back 3 separate offers. On 6 August, he signed a 3-year contract with the Canberra Raiders starting in 2013.
In Round 1 of the 2013 NRL season, Edwards made his Raiders debut against the Penrith Panthers. On 12 September, he won the Raiders' Coach's Award alongside Brett White at the club's end of season awards night.
On 16 April, Edwards re-signed with the Raiders on a 3-year contract.
- "E". Nyc Database. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- [dead link]
- Shawn Dollin and Andrew Ferguson (20 October 2014). "NRL 2010". Rugbyleagueproject.org. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Custom Match List". Rugby League Project. 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Fairfax Regional Media (13 September 2011). "Gidley voted Knights' player of the year". Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Newcastle Knights star Joel Edwards quits club". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Fairfax Regional Media (2 August 2012). "Joel Edwards joins Canberra Raiders". Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Raiders sign Joel Edwards". Leagueunlimited.com. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "NRL 2013 - Round 1". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Milford raids Meninga Medal". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Canberra Raiders Award Winners". Raiders.com.au. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Joel Edwards re-signs with Raiders | NRL". Zero Tackle. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Wests Tigers sign Joel Edwards | NRL". Zero Tackle. Retrieved 2015-09-29.