John A. Schefte
John Anton Schefte (16 February 1872 – 24 February 1957) was a Norwegian newspaper editor and politician for the Liberal Party.
He was born in Ogndal, and had a bookprinter's education. He was the editor-in-chief of Grømstad-Posten from 1900 to 1908, and was also a member of Grimstad city council. He then started and edited Indherred from October 1910 to September 1919. He was acting editor of Inntrøndelagen briefly, before taking over as editor of Stjørdalens Blad. He was a member of Stjørdal municipal council as well, and was a temperance activist. He remained editor of Stjørdalens Blad until his death in February 1957. He was buried in Værnes.
- "50 aar". Trondhjems Adresseavis (in Norwegian). 14 February 1922. p. 6.
- "Indherred (avis)". Steinkjerleksikonet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Inntrøndelagen (avis)". Steinkjerleksikonet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Salberg, Bjarne T. (1992). Stjørdalens Blad gjennom 100 år (in Norwegian). Trondheim. pp. 114–115.
- "Cemeteries in Norway". DIS-Norge. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
|This article about a Norwegian writer, poet or journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a print editor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|