19 April 1929|
|Died||22 June 2016
|Institutions||St Bartholomew's Hospital
Northwick Park Hospital
|Alma mater||University of St Andrews|
|Known for||European Journal of Clinical Nutrition|
He was the head of Nutrition Research Unit at the MRC Clinical Research Centre, Harrow, and member of Department of Health Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA); Chair of the Joint Advisory Committee on Nutrition Education and the Chair of Association for the Study of Obesity.
"Obesity and Related Diseases" (Churchill-Livingstone, 1988) and over 200 peer-reviewed papers on human nutrition.
- "HealthWatch UK - The Committee". Archived from the original on 2007-04-28.
- "Healing in Harmony", The Guardian, February 26, 2000
- Brooker, Emma (November 24, 1996), "Quackbusters Under Siege", Independent, The (London)[dead link]
- Ben Goldacre, "A menace to science", Guardian, 12 February 2007.
- Obituaries John Garrow
- Rössner, Stephan (May 2008), "John Garrow (1929- ) treat obesity seriously!", Obesity Reviews, 9 (3): 264–5, PMID 18419672, doi:10.1111/j.1467-789X.2007.00407.x.
|This United Kingdom biographical article related to medicine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|