John Henry Leech
He wrote British Pyralides (1886) and Butterflies from China, Japan and Corea, three volumes (1892–1894).
He was a Fellow of the Linnean Society and of the Entomological Society of London, a Member of the Societe Entomologique de France, and of the Entomological Society of Berlin (Entomologischen Verein zu Berlin).
- South, Richard (1902). Catalogue of the Collection of Palaearctic Butterflies Formed by the Late John Henry Leech, and Presented to the Trustees of the British Museum by his Mother, Mrs. Eliza Leech. Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum. p. iii.
- Anon. 1901 [Leech, J. H.] Entomologist's Monthly Magazine (2) 12(37)(2) 49-50.
- Anonym 1901 [Leech, J. H.] Entomologist 34 33-38.
- Gilbert, P. 2000 Butterfly Collectors and Painters. Four centuries of colour plates from The Library Collections of The Natural History Museum, London. Singapore, Beaumont Publishing Pte Ltd.
- Inoue, H. 2005 John Henry Leech (1862–1900) The pioneers of moth-fauna of Japan 1 Yugato.
- Verrall, G. H. 1900 Proc. Ent. Soc. London.
- NHM Manuscript Collection.
- Internet Archive Catalogue of the collection of palaearctic butterflies formed by the late John Henry Leech, and presented to the trustees of the British Museum by his mother, Mrs. Eliza Leech (1902) British Museum (Natural History.
- Internet Archive Leech, John Henry On Lepidoptera Heterocera from China, Japan, and Corea (1897?]) and BDH Volumes 1 and 2
|This article about a British entomologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|