John Henry Leech
He wrote British Pyralides (1886) and Butterflies from China, Japan and Corea, three volumes (1892–1894).
He was a Fellow of the Linnean Society and of the Entomological Society of London, a Member of the Société entomologique de France, and of the Entomological Society of Berlin (Entomologischen Verein zu Berlin).
- South, Richard (1902). Catalogue of the Collection of Palaearctic Butterflies Formed by the Late John Henry Leech, and Presented to the Trustees of the British Museum by his Mother, Mrs. Eliza Leech. Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum. p. iii.
- Beolens, Bo; Watkins, Michael; Grayson, Michael (2011). The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. xiii + 296 pp. ISBN 978-1-4214-0135-5. ("Leech", p. 154).
- Anononymous (1901). "Leech, J. H." Entomologist's Monthly Magazine (2) 12 (37)(2): 49-50.
- Anonymous (1901). "Leech, J. H." Entomologist 34: 33-38.
- Gilbert P (2000). Butterfly Collectors and Painters. Four centuries of colour plates from The Library Collections of The Natural History Museum, London. Singapore: Beaumont Publishing Pte Ltd.
- Inoue H (2005). "John Henry Leech (1862–1900)". The pioneers of moth-fauna of Japan 1 Yugato.
- Verrall GH (1900). Proc. Ent. Soc. London.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Butterflies from China, Japan, and Corea (1892).|
- NHM Manuscript Collection.
- Internet Archive Catalogue of the collection of palaearctic butterflies formed by the late John Henry Leech, and presented to the trustees of the British Museum by his mother, Mrs. Eliza Leech (1902) British Museum (Natural History.
- Internet Archive Leech, John Henry On Lepidoptera Heterocera from China, Japan, and Corea (1897?]) and BDH Volumes 1 and 2
|This article about a British entomologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|