John Robert Victor Prescott FASSA is an Australian academic, author, geographer and professor emeritus at the University of Melbourne.
Prescott earned his BSc and MA degrees at the University of Durham in the United Kingdom. The University of London awarded his doctorate degree.
Prescott was a professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Melbourne until his retirement in 1996.
In a statistical overview derived from writings by and about John Prescott, OCLC/WorldCat encompasses roughly 10 works in 10 publications in 3 languages and 30 library holdings.
- The Geography of Frontiers and Boundaries (1967)
- Our Fragmented World: an Introduction to Political Geography (1975), with William G East
- Einführung in die politische Geographie (1975)
- The Maritime Political Boundaries of the World (1985)
- Political Frontiers and Boundaries (1987)
- Aboriginal Frontiers and Boundaries in Australia (1992)
- Limits of National Claims in the South China Sea (1999)
- International Frontiers and Boundaries (2008)