John William Loudon
|John William Loudon|
|Member of the Missouri Senate
from the 7th district
|Preceded by||Franc Flotron|
|Succeeded by||Jane Cunningham|
August 14, 1967 |
St. Louis, Missouri
John William Loudon (born August 14, 1967) was a Republican member of the Missouri Senate, representing the 7th District from 2000 until 2008, leaving due to term limits. Previously he was a member of the Missouri House of Representatives from 1995 through 2000.
He was born and raised in St. Louis, one of four boys to parents, Robert and Janice, who enjoyed opening their home and exposing their children to a steady flow of foreign exchange students. In high school, Loudon showed particular aptitude in German which led to his being an exchange student in Jever, Germany and staying with the language into doing master's level work at the University of Missouri, Columbia. He was also the captain of his high school wrestling team. He graduated from Westminster College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1989.
He is the executive director of a California construction organization. Formerly he operated a Public Relations business co-founded with his wife, Legacy Group of Missouri, Inc. Loudon is a policy advisor for America First Policies, a pro-Trump organization.
He was first elected to the Missouri House of Representatives in 1994, serving there through 1998. He was elected to the Missouri State Senate in 2000, and again in 2004. While in the Senate, Loudon founded and chaired the Senate’s Small Business, Insurance, and Industrial Relations Committee, was vice chair of the Governmental Accountability and Fiscal Oversight Committee, and a member of the committees on Education, Gubernatorial Appointments, and Judiciary and Civil and Criminal Jurisprudence.
In May 2018, it was reported that Loudon had used inflammatory and derogatory language against women, Muslims and Democrats. He suggested that Obama was a Kenyan-born Muslim.
He married Gina (Gentry) Loudon, PhD in 1990, and they have five children. They reside in San Diego, California.
- McDermott, Nathan; Kaczynski, Andrew; Massie, Chris (May 21, 2018). "Policy adviser for Trump-linked group called Obama 'Islamchurian candidate,' joked about 'crack whore Dem voter'". CNN. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- Waters, Amelia (March 5, 2008). "Video: Senator John Loudon speaks for midwives". KRCG.
- Rock, Steve (October 18, 2007). "Missouri midwifery debate takes nation's stage". The Kansas City Star. McClatchy-Tribune Information Services – via The Portsmouth Herald.
- Official Manual, State of Missouri, 2005–2006. Jefferson City, MO: Secretary of State, 2005.
- Missouri Senate - John William Loudon official government website
- Project Vote Smart - John William Loudon (MO) profile
- Follow the Money - John William Loudon