This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jonathan Philip Glover
26 December 1952
Jonathan Philip Glover (born 26 December 1952) is an English actor. He has appeared in various television programmes including Play School, Survivors, the Management consultant in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Casualty, Bodger & Badger and Peak Practice.
He provided the voices of several characters in the Animals of Farthing Wood animated series, and is also known for voice-acting for Noah's Island, Spitting Image and the character King Trode in the English language version of the PlayStation 2 game Dragon Quest VIII. He often appears in radio plays for Radio 4. He was a regular on the Radio 4 satirical programme Week Ending during the 1980s. He played the upper crust English character Mr Cholmondley-Warner in spoof 1940s government documentaries in Harry Enfield's Television Programme with excessive Received Pronunciation.
Glover has played theatrical agent Maurice Skellern in BBC Radio 4 adaptations of the Charles Paris mysteries; and in May 2013 played the roles of Lord Portico & Stockton in a BBC radio adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, adapted by Dirk Maggs.
- Arnell, Stephen. "'And what about the vegetables?'". mediatel.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- Hemley, Matthew (2012-11-01). "BBC Radio celebrates Michael Frayn's 80th | News". The Stage. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- "Mr Standfast - S1 - Episode 1". Radio Times. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- "BBC Radio 4 - A Charles Paris Mystery, Cast in Order of Disappearance, Episode 1". BBC. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- gk_g10i (2019-09-23). "Charles Paris: Murder Unprompted: A BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisati…". Cite journal requires