|Born||1970 (age 47–48)
|Known for||Presenter & Journalist|
|Website||Jonathan Morrell on Twitter UkWa Radio|
He is a graduate of the media department at the University of Sunderland and has previously worked freelance at: BBC Radio Newcastle (1990–1994), BBC Radio Cleveland (1994–1996), Sky News (1997, 2002–2004), ITV Yorkshire's Calendar (2001), ITV News Channel (2002–2004) and Wellbeing Channel (2001).
He has worked for ITV Tyne Tees on and off as a continuity announcer and then newsreader, since 1990, and in 1996 joined the newsroom as a bulletin editor and then reporter/presenter. In 2004 however he joined full-time, mainly covering for the ill Mike Neville in 2005, as one of the many presenters at the station. His role as a presenter was made more permanent as he became co-presenter of the new North edition of ITV News Tyne Tees in January 2006, following the departure of Mike, initially alongside Pam Royle and from September 2006 with Philippa Tomson.
In 2007, he joined Real Radio (formerly Century FM) as a presenter of the mid-morning show on the North East radio service. He could be heard 10:00–14:00 from Monday to Friday and 10:00–13:00 each Sunday.
On 2 September 2011 after five years at Real Radio, Morrell presented his final show, quitting both radio and TV presenting in the UK.
Morrell emigrated to Perth, Western Australia where he presented the early breakfast on 720 ABC Perth owned by ABC Local Radio. In his spare time, Jonathan produces and presents an 80s Rewind Music Show for a number of stations around the UK and in Europe.
Jonathan was a producer on Perth's Channel 7 for the evening news show. In September 2014 Morrell launched UKWA Perths British radio station www.ukwaradio.com an online and FM station for expats in Perth and Western Australia.
Morrell returned to the UK in November 2015 and joined BBC Wiltshire to present its daily mid-morning show.
- "Jonathan Morrell - BBC Wiltshire". BBC. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Jonathan Morrell at TV ARK". TV ARK. Archived from the original on 20 August 2008.
- "Jonathan Morrell at Century FM". Century FM.
- Tyne Tees news presenters axed in cost cuts Archived 6 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine., ChronicleLive, 3 December 2008
- Sarah replaces Morrell at Real Radio NE Radio Today, 12 September 2011
- Early Mornings Statewide with Jonathan Morrell 720 ABC Perth | Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Luke, Adam (August 17, 2014). "Former North East radio and TV presenter Jonathan Morrell shares his story of depression in the wake of Robin Williams tragedy". Retrieved July 2, 2017.