|First appearance||21 September 2015|
|Created by||Tom Walker|
|Portrayed by||Tom Walker|
|Occupation||Television political correspondent|
Jonathan Pie is a fictitious British news reporter, created and played by British actor and comedian Tom Walker. Pie appears in a series of video clips where he rants about the state of politics in the United Kingdom, and the United States presented as if he is a real reporter speaking his personal opinions to camera before or after filming a regular news segment.
The first spoof news report featuring Pie, released just after the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party, was responding to mainstream media reports that gave particular weight to Corbyn's past relationship with Diane Abbott. Walker was soon approached by several media companies, including RT UK, the Russian government-funded television channel, which offered him complete creative control. He worked with RT for several months, before leaving in July 2016, just prior to his appearance at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August.
The character received international coverage after the 2016 US election, when his report on Donald Trump's victory went viral, becoming a YouTube trending video. PJ Media did not recognise Jonathan Pie as a fictitious character, presenting him instead as a real-life, professional "British lefty reporter".
In 2017 he was criticised for his performance at The Cambridge Union Society.
Pie went on his second tour in 2018 with “Back to the Studio”. He performed 45 dates in the UK, 5 dates in Australia, 3 dates in Switzerland and will also perform 5 dates in the United States performing in Los Angeles, Chicago,New York and Washington DC.
|2016-2017||Jonathan Pie Live||Stand-up debut, 23 dates|
|2018||Back to the Studio||40 dates in UK, 6 dates in Australia, 3 dates in Switzerland & 6 dates in the United States|
- Doyle, Andrew (25 November 2016). "Jonathan Pie Said The Left Was Wrong, Not The Right Was Right". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Bienaimé, Pierre (5 November 2015). "Q&A with Jonathan Pie, the 'reporter' furiously delivering the real news". Konbini. Archived from the original on 8 November 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Everything You Need To Know About Jonathan Pie". The Debrief. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "News Reporter Finally Snaps And Launches Tirade Against Everyone's Post-Brexit Bickering". 4 July 2016. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "'Funny 'cos it's true' – Jonathan Pie". RT International. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Thorpe, Vanessa (17 July 2016). "Mr Angry of TV comedy severs links with Putin network on way to Edinburgh fringe". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- York, Chris (11 November 2016). "Jonathan Pie Blames The Left For Trump, Tories And Brexit". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Lefty Reporter Jonathan Pie Gets It, Breaks Down Exactly Why Trump Won". pjmedia.com. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- Quinn, Belinda (3 May 2018). "Jonathan Pie explains why politics has lost the plot". The Brag. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Jonathan Pie comedian gives rape joke speech at Cambridge Union". The Tab. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2018.