Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jones County is the name of six counties in the United States:
- Jones County, Georgia
- Jones County, Iowa
- Jones County, Mississippi
- Jones County, North Carolina
- Jones County, South Dakota
- Jones County, Texas
It was also the former name of two Alabama counties:
- Lamar County, Alabama. Established as Jones County on February 4, 1867, re-established as Sanford County on October 8, 1868, and renamed Lamar County on February 8, 1877.
- Covington County, Alabama. Renamed Jones County on August 6, 1868, the original name of Covington was restored on October 10, 1868.
| disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.