José León Asensio
José A. León Asensio
|Board member of||Grupo León Jimenes|
|Spouse(s)||Petrica Cabral Vega|
|Children||María Amalia León Cabral & Lidia León Cabral|
|Parent(s)||Eduardo León Jimenes (father) & María Asensio Córdoba (mother)|
|Relatives||Eduardo León Asensio (brother) |
Donald Reid Cabral (cousin-in-law)
|Awards||Order of Christopher Columbus (1983)|
Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of Duarte, Sanchez and Mella (1993)
Empresario de las Américas (1999)
José Augusto César León Asensio (born 21 February 1934 in Santiago, Dominican Republic) is a Dominican businessman. León is the President of Grupo León Jimenes. According to Forbes, León Asensio is among the ten largest fortunes in the Dominican Republic, with a net worth that borders the billion-dollar mark.
Born in 1934 as the seventh and last child of Eduardo Antonio León Jimenes (Guazumal, Tamboril, Santiago, 1885-1937) and María Asensio Córdoba (1896–1976). His father died when he was just 3 years and 7 months old.
|Ancestors of José León Asensio|
In the 1960s, the tobacco company founded by his father, begins to grow tremendously.
- Santana, Wendy (8 September 2013). "José León Asencio: un cazador de éxitos" (in Spanish). Polo, Barahona: Listín Diario. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "José A. León Asensio" (in Spanish). Fundación Eduardo León Jimenes. Missing or empty
- "Los próximos millonarios de República Dominicana" [The upcoming Dominican Republic billionaires]. Forbes (in Spanish). Mexico City. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Eduardo Antonio Leon Asencio: sus ancestros".
- "Junta de Regentes: José León Asensio" (in Spanish). Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo (INTEC). Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Historia, E. León Jimenes
- (in Spanish) "José A. León Asensio". Fundación Eduardo León Jimenes.
- (in Spanish) "Historia". Empresas León Jimenes, S. A.
- (in Spanish) "Eduardo León Jimenes y María Asensio Córdoba: Formación de una Familia". Grupo León Jimenes.
Eduardo León Asensio
| President and CEO of Grupo León Jimenes
James A. Stuart, Jr.
| Chairman of Cervecería Nacional Dominicana
Rafael Guillermo Menicucci Vila
|This Dominican Republic biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|