This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California
|Joseph Pedott, founder|
|Products||Chia Pet, The Clapper, more...|
Number of employees
Joseph Enterprises, Inc is a gadget company which is owned by Joseph Pedott and based in San Francisco, California, United States, North America. Two of their most popular products are The Clapper and the Chia Pet.
The Clapper, whose slogan is "Clap On! Clap Off!", was first sold to the public on September 1, 1985. A trademark was filed on the brand name "Clapper" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on July 9, 1966 A design patent was applied for on November 13, 1985 which was issued as D299127 on December 27, 1988. The apparatus was used for activating switches in response to different acoustic signals.
The Chia Pet was first used on September 8, 1977, and although its name is trademarked, the Chia Pet is not a patented invention. The first Chia Pet was the ram, marketed and distributed in 1977 although the trademark was not applied for until 1998.
- Chia Pet
- The Clapper
- Smart Clapper
- Clapper Plus
- Classic Pen Set
- Creosote Sweeping Log
- The 'Ove' Glove
- Garden Claw
- Pogo Whisk
- VCR Co-Pilot (known in the UK as Video Co-Pilot)
- Mandle Candle (available only in the UK)
- Postal address on official JEI contact page http://www.jeiusa.com/index.php/contact-jeiusa
- LLC, Dwell, (April 2004). Joe Pedott, Joseph Enterprises. 4. Dwell, LLC. pp. 140–.
- Key, Stephen. "The success behind Chia Pet, The Clapper & the Ove Glove. What's The Secret?". All Business.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Trademark Applications and Registrations Retrieval (TARR). Retrieved on 2007-11-29 from http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=73608656.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. USPTO Patent Full-Text and Image Database. Retrieved on 2010-08-31 from http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=3&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=D299127&OS=D299127&RS=D299127.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Trademark Applications and Registrations Retrieval (TARR). Retrieved on 2010-08-31 from http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=75584901.
- Promotional Chia pet article http://www.commdiginews.com/entertainment/chia-pets-the-perfect-green-pc-christmas-gift-31704/
- Chia pet advertisement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzY7qQFij_M
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|